Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Histermine Intollerance Podcast - interesting stuff  (Read 883 times)

Bobidy

Histermine Intollerance Podcast - interesting stuff
« on: June 27, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »

Hi all

I see there has been some chat about histermine intolerance, which sounds a bit happy clappy, but is a thing. I seem to be allergic to random things since peri hit and at the mo my eyeballs feel like they are being pickled in vinegar!!! Argggghhhh!!!!

Anyway, Liz Earle has just done a podcast with Dr Tina Peers that you might find interesting https://lizearlewellbeing.com/histamine-intolerance-with-dr-tina-peers/

As mentioned before for anyone with a hot tub, I'll let you know when Clarion Spa release their liquid hot tub water cleaning stuff, none of the horrible chlorine/bromine chemical cocktail stuff. I'm getting on great with their Active Silver Oxygen powder but I'll check out the liquid stuff when it's available and report back. It's so nice not to stink like a swimming pool and be able to ease off my muscles without itching and streaming eyes!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Histermine Intollerance Podcast - interesting stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 03:23:35 PM »

Silver is a natural anti-bacterial ;-)

racjen

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 03:53:12 PM »

Interesting (although I have to say Liz Earle herself is extremely irritating, interrupts constantly ;D). Tina Peers talks a lot about histamine intolerance in general, and about her own experience of taking HRT after breast cancer, with a tiny bit about the relationship between histamine and estrogen at menopause sandwiched in between. Having already looked at Dr. Peers website I feel nonethewiser tbh x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 03:54:54 PM »

I bought one of Liz Earle's magazines, was not impressed.  Very little editorial input with regards typing errors etc., no references in any of the articles  :-\ ......... looked like lots of articles submitted and slapped together in a magazine.  Not what I would expect from a professional.

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »

Bobidy, thanks for posting this very interesting link  :).  Not only learning more about the histamine issue I found fascinating, but hearing a knowledgeable doctor admit to using HRT after breast cancer & detailing her reasons for that choice.  Great stuff. :)

Foxylady

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 09:02:48 AM »

Thanks Bobidy, I'll have a listen. x