Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Sick of feeling like I'm losing my mind...  (Read 39685 times)

BlueButterfly

Re: Sick of feeling like I'm losing my mind...
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2018, 10:15:57 PM »

Yup, take some good probiotics daily. Helps my digestion recovers quickly when I eat gluten.

I take a daily probiotic, digestive enzymes when I feel they are needed.
Fish oil
Magnesium (different types to get rid of what I have at the moment)
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Sometimes vitamin B12-dont need it daily

Having a great day so far. I mean, I still need improvement but compared to feeling like I was dying of some incurable disease, this is great. I'm able to do things and I might regret my busy day tomorrow but right now I CAN do things, so I am!

BlueButterfly

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »

I seriously don't know the last time I felt this good. I've felt so down and sometimes near death the last several months since this started. I'm not all the way back to me or close but things just feel like I'm headed that way. Started getting the pounding and some shakes last night so did an additional small amount of p cream again and could feel it slowly calm or I calmed?
I am still not even up to half of the daily dose but I really think that what I am doing is helping so no reason to rush it. It is just so nice to have some relief, even just a bit. I did not stop yesterday. Got things cleaned, laundry done, shopping (we needed food) made a wonderful dinner for the family, decorations put away, etc.  All normal things but I have not done/been able to do much of anything like that in a long time because I felt so awful. It would have been maybe one item each day. Never a whole day with all of them! Hope today goes as well. I have a project I'd really like to be working on.

So now, how to use the P cream exactly. Tips Birdy?
 I've read many different ways people have used it and what has worked for them (some every day, some most of their cycle and some only the 2nd half). It seems like one of those trial and error things.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2018, 02:24:00 PM »

Thank you. I like the soles of the feet suggestion especially. I'll have to remember that as I work through my location rotation.

Horrible sleep last night. Mind was so busy last night I'm surprised I fell asleep as fast as I did. But woke up several times....upset stomach from dinner. Tried something new but my body didn't like it so much. So just going to take it easy on digestion today.

I am really liking the progesterone cream. It's definitely giving me something I need. I am having more good moments than I have been having. I am enjoying things more and just doing more. I'm cooking meals again and dancing around to music whenever I get the chance. Honestly in those moments, it's the best I've felt in probably almost a year or more.

Because I am feeling better. I am also eating better. It's a great thing BUT I am putting weight back on. I need to watch that to keep it from getting out of control. I might even actually be able to start exercising again!

So today...we will see how I feel but at the moment ..tired and a small headache. It's just one of those headaches that's just kind of there, just strong enough that you can notice it, just annoying enough but not horrible. I've had a lot more of those the last couple weeks (even before the progesterone cream).

Supposedly I am due for a period in 6 days. Last month it came early and I felt like absolute death leading up to it. My whole body felt like I had the flu, I had so many pains everywhere. My head was spinning. So far this cycle, things are better. Less pain down my legs and cramping, way less. I don't feel like I have the flu again. The heart palpitations are there but not as bad. I honestly have to keep checking the calendar because my body really doesn't feel like it is approaching. I didn't feel ovulation this last month either (couple months in a row...). So I really don't know what to expect. Maybe it isn't coming soon?

And to explain everything...I have felt my body ovulate since I was a teenager. I have always been one of those people that could get pregnant thinking too much about it. With my first, it took 2 months of trying after getting off the pill and with my 2nd, I was pregnant the first month and knew it before my period even came. Not ovulating when not on the pill is extremely odd for me. So not ovulating for a couple of months is very odd. My family is complete so this doesn't bother me. It is just more showing of my hormone changes and things going on that are new for my body.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »

Ugh, stabbing sensations at the pelvic floor getting more annoying. Sometimes feel like something is stabbing me up inside...passes quickly, like a nerve hit off for a second. The pelvic floor ones are more external and really annoying. Same though, usually pass quickly but stronger than they have been and more frequently. They feel so familiar though... something I've had before but like my mind can remember when and why as it would have been years ago. I have never, up to date, had a UTI or yeast infection. I do not think it is that either....it really feels more like nerves. Just another thing I guess. (They started last month or the month before so not connected to the progesterone cream)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »

Could be the start of thinning 'up there' Blue - vaginal atrophy?  What's to hurt if you try some appropriate treatment from the Doctor?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2018, 02:51:14 PM »

I don't know. I honestly don't know much about vaginal atrophy so I have wondered if that was it. I really don't know if the doctors would give me anything to try for that. I feel like even though I have them listening to me a bit more about hormones, I'm still not taken very seriously with it all because of my age. I do know things are changing up there...I can tell just with how my body feels. And things are drier. I know that for sure as well.
I'm very frustrated with it all really. I feel like I've gotten very little help from the doctors about things regarding the hormonal issues. Are there any reasons I couldn't use those treatments, like because of endometriosis or anything like that? I just don't know how a direct vaginal treatment would affect that, if at all. Thanks CLKD.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2018, 07:28:51 PM »

I will look into that book! I think you are right regarding the hormones causing it. I think I had it during early pregnancy as well as teen years. Just leading up to my period I think. Cramping started as well.

So.....I am factor V gene mutation positive....no oestrogen. Sounds like I only carry 1 not 2 so that's good. Meet with the doctor later this week to discuss everything in detail.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:14:09 AM by BlueButterfly »

BlueButterfly

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2018, 03:35:17 PM »

Still doing better than I have in awhile. Started my period so needed to take a break from the progesterone cream for a few days. I'm missing it, I can tell you that right now. I'm sleeping terrible and my mood is just lower. Not bad still though and I find I have more energy still than I used to. It really only hit me about 3 days after I hadn't used the cream. I think progesterone is exactly what I need. Still waiting to hear back from the GYN about the mini pill so I can start that. I hope it doesn't mess with my moods too much. If so, guess I'll have to stop and go back to the cream. Bleed this cycle was crazy heavy when it started, lots of clots. Hoping it is just my body flushing a lot of mess out. Cramps weren't as bad as you'd think though. Don't get me wrong, they were awful but I managed without pain killers, just a lot of heat. Some digestion issues are back...hard to say what exactly is causing that....thinking maybe just the hormone shift. Hoping to be back to normal soon. Still eating well and weight is stable. I feel healthier overall and I even get moments when my brain seems like it is actually working!  ;D I do worry this is all temporary but I'm trying to avoid thinking too much about that and enjoy what I have now instead of worrying about going back to how I was. Just cautiously optimistic right now.

Ladybt28

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »

So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Bluebutterly  - that's good news.  Its great when you actually know that your brain is thinking the right thoughts in the right order and you might actually be able to do something if you needed to!!!!  Its not until the brain fog clears a little you really realise just how awful and debilitating it is.  :great:

BlueButterfly

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2018, 02:08:27 PM »

Thank you Ladybt,

I really do like feeling better. I never thought I'd be able to get a break from the anxiety for more than a couple of hours. But I have. It creeps up on me sometimes but I'm more capable of talking it down. I'm not sleeping well again...but I haven't used the progesterone for about 5 days because of my period. I'm starting it again today. I didn't even realize how much better it was with my sleep. I'm still finding what works for me in regard to the progesterone. I'm not sure if an every day thing or just a few days of the cycle is what I need so testing that out this month. I think I need it daily. I've done well with daily progestins in the past with birth control as well so I'm not too worried. I know without it, my brain fog, anxiety and sleep problems are back. Hoping this helps with the endometriosis as well. I have had great relief from the migraines....but that started before the progesterone. I would get regular headaches/migraines with the pill but those have gone away. They aren't back with the progesterone so maybe it was the estrogen triggering them in me....hope they stay away. Life without regular migraines is nice. I just get a low level headache these days and rarely use pain meds.

I've added biotin into my daily vitamin pills now...just to see if it helps stop the hair loss I've been experiencing.

And no more weight loss! Yay! I'm on the edge of a healthy weight for me....just a couple pounds less and I'll be considered underweight again. I feel good where I'm at as long as I'm eating well and taking my vitamins.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2018, 12:53:32 AM »

So started progesterone back up as planned. I love how fast I can feel it working for me. I should be near ovulation right now...at least according to how my cycle used to be. I haven't ovulated for a couple months at least though. But, even so, I would get terrible cramps a few days before and after I would be times to ovulate as well as constipation and ovary pains.

So far no cramps, yes constipation and minor ovary pains. Small stabbing pains at pelvic floor. So either the progesterone is helping or I'm going to ovulate later, if I do. It makes me happy that things seem to be improving. But I guess time will tell. Taking the progesterone during the first half of the cycle doesn't seem to be as uplifting for me as the 2nd half but it keeps the anxiety away.

I fell and hurt my back pretty good. (It involves stairs, slipping and landing on a wood floor). I am hurting and can't decide about going to the doc or not. I can walk fine and have full movement, just hurting. But I had anxiety pretty bad over that but once I take my progesterone dose, I calm down...still think about things but can keep the thoughts from spinning out of control. Think I'm just going to be pretty sore for a few days. I can get by without pain killers as well. I might take some so I can sleep though....just enough pain that you can't sleep through it. Trying to figure out what pains are from hitting my back and what ones were there or would have been there anyways. With it being close to ovulation time, I get small stabbing pains down there..they aren't as bad as usual though. Just because I'm hurt I'm noticing everything. Honestly, I don't even know if I'd even notice some of these twinges/pains if I hadn't hurt my back.

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »

I fell years ago, flat onto my face.  I looked too awful to go the GP, I hid in our garden - it was lovely warm weather so I watched our chickens  ::).  I was surprised at how many muscles had been involved, over the next couple of weeks different muscles started to ache. Shoulders.  Breast bones.  Knees. Thighs ........

Have you any pain relief to hand if necessary/. Maybe a warm bath or shower to ease those muscles.  We no longer bounce, do we  :-X

BlueButterfly

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2018, 04:58:25 PM »

I miss bouncing! And i had much less padding than usual too because of the weight loss. Great with the weight loss but that extra padding probably really would have been nice that day.  ;D

I am feeling better today...at least the back is. Still tight sometimes and I have to watch how I sit so I'm not too reclined and put pressure on the wrong part of my spine/lower back muscles. I can feel where I took the brunt of the hit because it's tender to touch. I may have done something to an ankle and possibly hit higher up on the back and one shoulder. Seriously, it's amazing how much you can hurt.

I do have pain relief on hand if I need it. I used to get terrible migraines so I always have something. I'm honestly amazed I haven't needed it. I took an Epsom bath last night and have used a heating pad as needed (ice a couple of times as well). I'm honestly surprised I'm doing as well as I am right now.

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2018, 05:00:37 PM »

Keep up with the heat pad etc..  Don't be surprised if bruises appear and change colour over the next few days!

I knew in my fall that I would hit the ground.  I caught my foot on a log which was OK whilst it continued moving, when it stopped against the wall then I fell. 

BlueButterfly

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »

I'm definitely looking for the bruises whenever I can. I expected to see my back black and blue by now.  Usually don't see bruises until they come out yellow-ish though. I rarely see fresh bruises....always wondered why? So it is odd because by the time I have a yellow-ish bruise it has been so long since I hit something that I don't remember where it came from. At least I'll know where these came from, if they show up. When I expect a bruise (like when I hit the back of my arm very hard into a dresser) I got nothing. But I had a bruise on my knee a couple days ago from ?????

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13