Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi Again been a while since I posted but having some more issues  (Read 1418 times)

greenECLECtus28

Howdy Ladies

As some of you may remember I was on last year with an ongoing UTI which I ended up in hospital and also had a fall as I have Spina Bifuda and over the last few years my walking has become worse and I'm now walking with a stick. So lo and behold I slipped in the living room put my hand out to break my fall and sustained a spiral fracture to my humerus at the beginning of September there.

I'm at my wits end I thought last year I'd got through everything UTI seems to have settled and am on Vagifem twice a week to help with that I have suffered from Palps on and off which had settled a good bit but started to come back had a 24 hour monitor last September which picked some up but no follow up was advised am assuming was the same as before however the last few days they've been a nightmare coming at night last night it was like strictly come dancing ! Just constant for about 3 hours. I did have wind so not sure if that was antagonising them. I have to admit I am so stressed out with everything worried about the future my health etc I've not been taking care of myself I usually have a couple of glasses of wine every night as I feel it relaxes me and I'm sometimes not eating until about 10/11 pm plus I'm having to try and sleep sitting up because of the fracture in my arm.

Just needed to chat to some like minded ladies as I live with my dad and 20 year old son do no female company to speak to really either 😔

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi Again been a while since I posted but having some more issues
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »

You have your answer  ;).   Remind me: who does the cooking in the house?  Is your Dad or son interested enough to plan meals?  Not eating regularly won't help your body to heal!

How's the pain in the humerus?  Easy to fall, I walk out of slippers  :o  :-X

If necessary you can up the dose of Vagifem, some ladies require it nightly. 

I had indigestion after breakfast this morning and it's bubbling away  >:(

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »

Hi again

I'm usually the one who cooks  :) I've just been getting them to put something on for me I'm trying to eat healthily with a good balance of protein to hopefully help my break along, the worst thing at the moment with the break is a kind of popping feeling if I move a certain way but consultant has advised this is normal it's the bone moving a bit until it sets that's 4 weeks now so should be starting to lay diwn new bone I was a bit concerned about possible osteoporosis as my mum suffered from it but she was a heavy smoker and had a lot of steroids to deal with her COPD

I think just everything over the last year and a bit is taking its toll honestly I feel like 85 not 55 over the last year I've started walking with a stick as I've become quite unstable, the palps freak me out they did settle for a while but seem to be coming back again I think having them in the middle of the night as well is scary I've had them a few times plus the length of time they take to settle is disconcerting.

I think I might have some kind of prolapse going on as well as when I'm putting the vagifem in I can feel something kinda solid if that makes sense once my arm is managable will make an appointment with the doc but wouldn't surprise me as because of my condition and to make sure my bladder get properly emptied I do have to strain

So basically I'm falling apart I also seem to burst in to tears really easily it's great being a woman!

Thanks for your reply so fast I really appreciate it  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »

Could you see the Practice Nurse to find out if there is a prolapse?  How's your bladder over-all?  Would your GP advise a pelvic scan regarding bone density?

Also it's the time of year when I feel much older  :-\ - headed towards darker nights, C.mas, not enough exercise!  Note to self. 

Keep up the eating but regularly.  Maybe make a mix of pre-cooked food which will keep in the fridge for 2/3 days? i.e. pancake mix to eat immediately!  DH bulk cooks curry and mince mix which can be de-frosted and poured hot over cooked pasta ;-)

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 05:32:54 PM »

That's a good idea I guess they might have more experience as well as they will see a lot of ladies as part of their job

Thanks

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »

The palps might be due to acid reflux irritating the vagus nerve. Eating very late is not a good idea, so as CLKD says, small meals often is the way to go. Have you tried taking Gaviscon Advance after meals and especially last thing at night? May be worth a try. It fixed my palpitations.
JP x

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 07:48:11 PM »

Howdy Ladies

As some of you may remember I was on last year with an ongoing UTI which I ended up in hospital and also had a fall as I have Spina Bifuda and over the last few years my walking has become worse and I'm now walking with a stick. So lo and behold I slipped in the living room put my hand out to break my fall and sustained a spiral fracture to my humerus at the beginning of September there.

I'm at my wits end I thought last year I'd got through everything UTI seems to have settled and am on Vagifem twice a week to help with that I have suffered from Palps on and off which had settled a good bit but started to come back had a 24 hour monitor last September which picked some up but no follow up was advised am assuming was the same as before however the last few days they've been a nightmare coming at night last night it was like strictly come dancing ! Just constant for about 3 hours. I did have wind so not sure if that was antagonising them. I have to admit I am so stressed out with everything worried about the future my health etc I've not been taking care of myself I usually have a couple of glasses of wine every night as I feel it relaxes me and I'm sometimes not eating until about 10/11 pm plus I'm having to try and sleep sitting up because of the fracture in my arm.

Just needed to chat to some like minded ladies as I live with my dad and 20 year old son do no female company to speak to really either 😔

Thanks
Hi GreenECLECtus   I can't really add to what the others have already said but just want to show my support. I remember reading your entries last year. Living with Spina Bifida must be tough and having a fracture as well doesn't help. i managed to fracture my wrist in 2015 and 2016 almost exactly a year apart (different bones). I recovered well from both but having an arm in plaster isn't much fun.

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »

Thanks all

I really appreciate you all getting back will take all your advice on board, I think I need to try and be more positive and stop being afraid of what might happen that I can't control  :) but it's hard

Take care all x

BlueButterfly

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 01:30:09 AM »

This is really random, but when you have the palps, maybe try a peppermint? I actually get spasms in my esophagus that feel like palps and peppermint calms them. Just a possibility.

I had a monitor for 48 hours a couple months ago and when I reported an event like palps, they said nothing showed up during that time.

It has to do with the vagus nerve, as was mentioned earlier.