Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Northisterone advice  (Read 1313 times)

Aileenf

Northisterone advice
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »

Hi folks, that's me three and a half weeks on kliovance and started topping up 10 days ago with 5mg of northisterone, everything going well however I started a migraine on Sunday night and using my medication to dull it, got up this morning and it's stil here, is it just a coincidence or could it be related to the northisterone?  Sorry for ramble haven't had a bad one for a while

NorthArm

Re: Northisterone advice
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:32:57 AM »

Hi Aileenf

That's a lot of norethisterone to be taking with Kliovance which has already got progesterone in it. Why are you taking both, if you don't mind me asking?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:56:28 AM »

I was just about to ask the same question as NorthArm.... why do you need so much progesterone? X

NorthArm

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »

Lol Dotty

I remember when I started on this hellride (massively heavy bleeding, clots and pain for nearly five weeks) my gp put me on Premarin (conti!) plus 3 x 5mg Norethisterone daily!! Was waaaay too much prog, and I really suffered....

Aileenf

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:31:39 AM »

I'm post menopausal 4 years and period free until last October when I started on hrt, now on my 5th hrt since last october, it is to stop me bleeding.  Kliovance only had 0.5 progesterone in it.

NorthArm

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:15 AM »

Oh ok, I get that. How is your migraine today?

Aileenf

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »

Still got it, took a sumitripton when I came in to work, will need to wait until I get home to take anymore 😩

NorthArm

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 08:41:26 PM »

I would agree with Stellajane. Even on the highest oestrogen dose (patch or pill) the recommendation is 2.5mg, or half a tablet of norethisterone. I hope your migraine is getting better xx

And I’m surprised he didn’t put you up to Kliogest, that one has 1mg progesterone xx

Aileenf

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 11:51:17 AM »

It was the kliofem (kliogest) which caused the heavy bleeding.

Still headachy, it's changed sides today 😔 managing to cope.  I will see how it goes.