Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: And so it begins  (Read 2823 times)

Ladybt28

Re: And so it begins
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 11:24:05 PM »

Well, it is usual for the experts to say if you haven't had one for a year then you are classified as post meno!  The GP's treat post meno different to perimenopause.  With peri when you are on hrt you get fluctuations with your own hormones interacting with the hrt and sometimes it is difficult to judge how the hrt is working.  Personally I would say that it is easier to judge how hrt is working when you are post meno but it brings it's own different problems than being in peri menopause for some women.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 05:37:54 PM »

Hi Freckles1971

:welcomemm:

I don't think you've said how old you are but if over 45 then the doctor should not do blood tests to determine whether or not you are peri-menopausal - your cycle changes (ie absence of periods for almost a year) together with symptoms ( eg flushes and sweats amongst others) are sufficient to diagnose menopause and prescribe HRT. Good that you've had all the other tests done too at this stage ie blood sugar and presumably other things.

Wow you must be young to be on statins - is this because of high blood pressure, high body weight, and maybe you smoke, as well as the high cholesterol? I presume the doc did the Q-Risk assessment and hopefully the cholesterol reading was based on the ratio of Total to High Density Lipo-proteins (HDL)? Are you happy to take these? Hope you don't mind my asking but there are several on here who are older with high CH (like me) and not taking them - but other factors may be not at risk eg BP, weight etc.

How is your diet and sugar/refined carbs intake? It must be tricky if you are a chef but still important to try to eat the right foods when you get to this stage especially.

Good luck with the docs - as you have high BP, migraines etc it is probably best to have transdermal HRT - have a look at the ones available on the Treatments tab on the menu - https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php there are patches which may well do the trick. I would go for a cyclical one which gives you a false period every month - that way you can tell which part of the HRT agrees with you best and if necessary you can change. Many women fall at the first hurdle because they start on continuous combined HRT (oestrogen and progestogen all the time) which doesn't agree with them and either give up or go for treatments to deal with the HRT side effects etc. Hope I'm not bombarding you with too much info but read up all you can and come back to us if you have any questions!

Hurdity x

Freckles1971

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 10:48:04 PM »

I had my diabetes blood drawn today. Have to call for results on Friday. Next appointment is on 31st October to see the Doctor about what to do next with my menopause treatments.

I feel like this is taking way longer than it needs to,I'm fed up with it all. The sleeping for an hour at night,the sweating at night,the hot flashes and generaly feeling like shit all day every day.  I'm not sure if this is meant to take as long as it has or not? 
Pages: 1 [2]