Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New sort of and very anxious!  (Read 2511 times)

Jasmine_2015

New sort of and very anxious!
« on: October 05, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »

Hello,

I am sort of new, I posted back in 2015 when I tried Femseven. I didn't get on with it and stopped very quickly but am now trying again with Everol Conti.

I wanted to introduce myself, my story is maybe a bit unusual and I'm feeling quite anxious.

I'm 28 years old and have severe osteoporosis (-4.5 spine, -3.8 hip) due to the fact I have struggled with anorexia since I was 10 and never had a period.

I have had zoledronic acid infusions for the past three years even though they didn't want to do it due to my age. My bone density has further decreased during this time though and I have been advised HRT is the only option.

I'm really scared about weight gain and bloating on it. I have a lot of digestive issues ? because of the anorexia and also I'm concerned that I will be on HRT for such a long time given my age now. I desperately want my bone density to improve but I think I'm probably too late now.

Anyway that's me. If any one has any advice or experience I'd be very grateful if you wouldn't mind sharing. 

Juliet

Re: New sort of and very anxious!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 05:34:57 PM »

Welcome Jasmine. There will be lots of lovely people on here that will come with good advice for you. I am quite new to HRT and still working it out myself, but certainly I have not noticed any weight gain in fact I have lost weight and bloating is less since HRT. Good luck with it all, you are so young to have to being thinking about all this, but this website and forum should help you to get it sorted  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »

Hello Jasmine_2015 and welcome to the forum.

I have been using HRT for over five years and  I haven't put on any weight infact I weigh about the same as I did when I was your age so there is no need to fear HRT. I think a lot of the ladies will tell you that HRT will be a good thing for your bones and general health and of course you will only be replacing  hormones that you would've produced naturally anyway.

I hope Evorel Conti suits you and that your bone density improves. As you know our bones are constantly remaking themselves so it's never too late make things better.

I'm sure other ladies will be along soon and I hope you can keep us updated on your progress.

Good luck and take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 09:53:45 AM »

:welcomemm:  are your concerns about weight gain part of the anorexia cycle?  For me it is a vomiting phobia so I ate as little as it took to remain upright .  Strangely I never worried about germs in the house but would run a mile if anyone coughed  :'( but I digress.

Since the 1980s I have taken anti-depressant medication and anti-anxiety medication and have never put on weight.  I did do so when my dog grew old and we slowed down together  ::) and after she died, I borrowed a puppy and walked miles.  It took 14 months to drop the 1.5 stones that I had gained .

There are many support groups with advice across the UK.  I don't think that it is too late to maintain the bone density you have.  There is a good UK-based site dedicated to osteoporosis, of course I can't remember right now (meno brain).

R U housebound due to the anorexia, I was for many months.  If not, do you manage any exercise as this can impact on bones.  Brisk walking 10 mins. twice a day, enough to make you out of breath but still able to talk. 

I have safe foods:

dried biscuits or crackers - by the bed, in the car etc.
bananas
dried fruits and nuts - these make me feel full but not bloated and grazing encourages me to eat
porridge is slow release [yuk]
pancakes - quick food if you can cook, mixture keeps a few days in the fridge, ready ;-)

I try to eat B4 my body is hungry so that I don't get the nausea which = panic if that makes sense. :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 10:08:07 AM »

Also there is a dedicated anorexic support group in Norwich: BEAT : who will give support and may have an out-reach worker in your area.

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 05:36:09 PM »

Thank you so much for your replies and support. It's really comforting to hear from you all and I really appreciate you taking the time to write and welcome me  :)

I'm feeling quite pleased that I've managed to leave the first (half) patch on since Thursday without ripping it off in a panic!

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »

CLKD, yes my weight gain is related to the anorexia I'm afraid to say. Whilst I do feel I've moved on a long way in my head i still struggle a lot on a daily basis with it. I am not housebound and try to walk as much as possible whilst not wanting to get myself too obsessed with exercise again. Due to a deterioration in my health I do find it difficult to be as physically active as I was which upsets me but I know I only have myself to blame. I just wish I could have turned things round sooner.

I am sorry that struggled so much too with eating and do hope you are in a much better place with it yourself now?

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 01:25:46 PM »

Birdy, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and suggest this to me. I will definitely look into it today! So desperate to find something that helps.

Thanks again

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »

Sparkle please do, thank you!

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 02:47:57 PM »

Sparkle, would you very kindly pm the details of this supplement to me as well? The only one I can find similar to this does not ship to the UK! Thanks very much.
JP x

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 06:35:56 PM »

Thank you, received and hopefully you received my reply too. I still feel very new to this and not sent a PM before!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 12:39:16 PM »

hi there..I'm a former anorexic and bulimic..well I'm one for life I mean but controlled now and I'm 50 I had a motorbike crash aged 19 and they said I had the bones of a 90 year old and again at 27 when I had a scan for osteoporosis..
but from aged 30 I recovered to the point I had 2 beautuful big babies I ate a good healthy diet yes I did gain weight but it was that or die!! I have never and will never weigh myself as I go off how I feel not figures..and on my last bone scan 6 years ago I was normal for my age no damage done...so as severe as anorexia is you can recover your health I promise..xx

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »

Hi Peroxideblader,
Thank you for your message. That's fantastic to hear that you are much recovered. That must have taken a lot of determination and strength. I really appreciate you sharing your experience and positive outcomes. It's really refreshing to hear and gives me some hope for the future which I have been lacking of late