Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I’m so indecisive  (Read 1593 times)

Blot

I’m so indecisive
« on: October 18, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »

Was anybody or is anybody like me when their problems first started up? If you've read any of my posts you can see I change my mind every 5 mins about what I'm going to do and I tie myself in knots over everything. It has also been made worse by the doc not knowing what she is doing and being quite indecisive/uninformed herself.

So doc told me to stop using vagifem till I see her more knowledgeable colleague next week. I was quite prepared to stick it out and wait and see if things improved but she said no, stop. So my current plan is to stop, see what new doc says and if necessary start up again and ride out any side effects. Possibly even ask for ovestin.  If I don't feel any different this week then it's obviously not the vagifem making me feel this way but does it take a while to get out of your system?

I am driving my husband mad with all of this. He's understanding but I do frustrate him, even though he never shows it.

I know everyone has got their own opinions but please does this sound like a reasonable plan.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:28:25 PM by Blot »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I’m so indecisive
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:29:21 PM »

The decision is yours.  I would ask to try Ovestin rather than go back to Vagifem.  Not many GPs are aware that initially it was prescribed at a higher dose and that many ladies need to use it nightly as it's now 10.  Nor do they be aware that some are irritated by the fillers etc.  ::)

I don't think it takes many hours to leave the body as it's localised application. 

Blot

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:40:35 AM »

Thanks CLKD. I've got myself into a bit of a state over all of this and I'm so disappointed/angry with the gp for ignoring my request for help with my anxiety. It took a lot for me to bring it up in the first place. She could see I was upset and there are other things apart from antidepressants.

Why am I having to go in and tell them what i want? I suggested vagifem in the first place.. It's their job to tell me what's best and I feel let down.

Sorry there are no answers anyone can give. Just having a rant because I'm having a very bad time anxiety wise.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:57:32 AM by Blot »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »

They don't know what is best.  The Drug Companies and NICE put out medications that may/not help patients.

Girls starting their periods and it seems ladies that reach peri-menopause become sensitive, understandably: HORMONES  >:(.  When I decide I want a solution I want one yesterday, not have to undergo a lot of phaffing from the medical profession, estate agents, solicitors ........  :bang:

Have you thought of making a list to take to your next appt.?  Also perhaps seeing a Practice Nurse rather than a GP? 

If you look at the various VA threads it is apparently that some ladies are sensitive to the coating/fillers on products so maybe Ovestin may be a good swap?  Plus yes or sycl products? 

Blot

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »

Thanks CLKD. I'm the same, I want things sorting now and don't want to have to wait for I don't know how long.

You would think lady gps would familiarise themselves with menopausal problems. It's going to happen to them after all. She really did have no clue about vagifem and possible reactions.

I'm going to make a list to take with me next time. Not looking forward to it tbh because I don't particularly like this other gp. And if bloody Mr Blot had not refused to come with me to the last appointment things might have been different. I'll blame him  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »

Get a copy of Jane's book and through at her as you leave?

Blot

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 05:03:54 PM »

That of course should be 'throw' ...........  ::)