Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Decapeptyl induced menopause waiting for hysterectomy  (Read 1012 times)

Juliaboo2

Decapeptyl induced menopause waiting for hysterectomy
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:21:33 PM »

Anyone else had the 11.25mg injection of decapeptyl and suffering? Had it 4 weeks ago + feel like am going mad.... :-\ hot flushes, feel sick, headaches, cant sleep, depressed...blah blah
   Was told I'd have hysterectomy (full abdominal for large fibroid) by 27/9 so not got HRT but no date as yet....am scared of dying during operation + leaving my kids motherless  :'( I know it's the injection making me feel so anxious but brain in overdrive...help!! Anyone else experience this?!

Taz2

Re: Decapeptyl induced menopause waiting for hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 11:42:47 PM »

Hi Juliaboo2 I'm not available to answer your injection question but I remember feeling worried about dying during the hysterectomy when I was waiting for mine. It's understandable to be worried and I wondered if you have visited the Hysterectomy UK site? They have a forum which I found to be very helpful.

You'll be well supported on here.  :hug:

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Juliaboo2

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 07:18:55 AM »

Hi Taz, thanks...good to know am not the only one who is so anxious about the op! I know it will prob be ok but cant help but worry something goes wrong. Will have a look at the site x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 01:19:04 PM »

There is a Monthly Club on the hysterectomy forum where you can chat with women having the op at the same time as you. It's good to be able to share with others who are at the same stage as you.

Taz x