Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tridestra - manufacturing delay!!!??  (Read 7888 times)

perimandy

Tridestra - manufacturing delay!!!??
« on: September 15, 2018, 08:36:42 AM »

Hello there,
has anyone else heard that there is a manufacturing delay with Tridestra?  Has anyone got hold of any recently?  I went to the pharmacy to collect it yesterday, and the pharmacist said I could instead try Indivina. However, I have googled it, and it is a combined HRT, so I really don't want 80 days of progesterone. 
I've tried to call the company that makes Tridestra but there is no one there til Monday.
Today is day 8 with no oestrogen in me (just finished placebo week), and I can really feel it, the night time temperature control has gone out the window and I have a terrible headache.

Does anyone have any ideas?  My thought is, find out how long the delay will be, and get the GP to prescribed me some oestrogen only, in the hope the Tridestra will become available in the next 10 weeks (Tridestra being 10 weeks oest, and then 2 weeks oest+prog)

thanks all
Mandy x

Taz2

Re: Tridestra - manufacturing delay!!!??
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 08:55:58 AM »

Hi Mandy. These delays seem to becoming more common and I heard it referred to during a radio programme on Brexit. Have you tried as many other pharmacies as possible to see if they have stocks?

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »

I haven't got any advice but like Taz says these delays are beyond a joke now

I carry epipens and there's been a delay on them since March that I know of.  I had to ask pharmacist to write down alternatives for me to get gp to prescribe. 

I think your idea of just getting some oestrogen in/on you for the time being is a good idea.  Hope yours gets sorted soon x

perimandy

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »

Yes I did wonder if Brexit was anything to do with it, but seems early yet.  Didn't realise other drugs were affected too.  It's worrying isn't it?  Will try ringing round other pharmacies, my two most local don't have it... 

thank you both for your replies xx

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »

It was in the news last week we are now stock piling insulin ready for Brexit. Alot of our drugs are from Europe including HRT and Vagifem. We will probably still be able to buy them but at what price and will we have to settle for cheaper alternatives or rely on British suppliers.

pause now

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »

I have just been made aware that Tridestra is out of stock.  My chemist kindly called around to find some but it seems not available.  My GP has now prescribed me an alternative.  I am not keen to start on something new so I called the manufacturer of Tridestra who are Orion Pharma (UK) Ltd.  Tel: 01635 520300.  The receptionist was very rude and very obstructive but eventually I got through to the Customer Service, again, very little information and she actually really didn't care very much. She didn't seem to understand that many woman have been affected by this, or she just didn't care.  From what I can gather nothing to do with Brexit but they seem to have had problems with their manufacturing process.  I was quite shocked by their terrible customer service so I have now contacted their head office to see what is going on. 

perimandy

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »

Hello pausenow, Im sorry to hear you had a bad experience when ringing Orion.  I got through to the medical info team and spoke to a really helpful man who, although couldn't give me much info other than it'll be in stock again at some point in October, did listen empathetically to me wittering and whingeing!!
My GP prescribed me some oestrogen only to keep me going til I can get a packet of Tridestra. 

x

pause now

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 10:30:15 PM »

I received the following from Julie Boothe - Head of Medical UK. In her previous email she mentioned Tridestra would be out of stock for some weeks.  When I asked if she could give a more specific date she replied with the following:

we are actively monitoring the stock situation and as soon as we have some definite information we will provide it.  I feel it would be a mistake to offer a firm date for product availability at this stage, as there are still a number of variables outside of my control, for example, unforeseen problems may arise during packaging of the product which could lead to further delays in delivery. 

She did not provide info that it would be available in October.  Not very good service on Orion's behalf. She did though apologize for their very rude Receptionist!

Table

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »

Absolute nightmare with the tridestra. I have been told December earliest and could be much longer.  My tridestra ran out in September so i was put onto indivina.

The higher dose - and beware as this is also manufactured by orion and there are supply problems on this one too.

Anyway, within days, my anxiety was back. Then after a week or so i started bleeding (it's a no bleed pill) and that carried on for a full two weeks and then i have also been having some hot flushes.

I had none of these problems on tridestra and hope it is soon available again. My gp said that indivina is safer than tridestra but all i want is to be back to my old self.

julieb

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 09:22:30 PM »

have been to 14 pharmacies today on the Tridestra hunt with no luck! I have 17 estradiol valerate left! I don't like going on the progesterone as I become "hormonal" but its a small price to pay for 70 days of sheer bliss! I have tried approx. 8 hrts but they give me headaches for weeks. Orion wont give me a definite date for when they are back in manufacture. has anyone else have any information?

Ginastaunton

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 07:04:31 AM »

Hello
I am just about to start my 2nd course if Tridestra and had to ring around every pharmacy in my town! Tesco and Boots basically said they don't know when they will be able to get them, which is very distressing when you finally find a HRT that works well for you.  I managed to get the last pack from Rowlands Pharmacy but the pharmacist said now showing out of stock.  So I'm ok for 3months at least

poolegirl

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 01:19:30 PM »

My pharmacy said they couldn't get any until 18th July because of problems at the manufacturers.  I rang seven other pharmacies before I located some and my doctor gave me a further prescription so I could get six months worth.

Blueboo

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »

Hi all, just to update on the Tridestra delay, I have spoken to the manufacturer today and have been told that it is now not expected in until the end of May!

I'm really struggling: my GP has now put me on Femoston and I can barely move now, I'm so exhausted 😩. This site has helped me so much since I found it a couple of hours ago. It looks like I should have something that only provides progesterone for a very limited time. Has anyone got any suggestions of an alternative to Tridestra please?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »

Did they say why exactly  :-\ ..........

HotFlush

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 06:12:04 PM »

My GP has prescribed me Tridestra this morning, dropped it off at the pharmacy, called back after work and.....same boat as you guys.  I've called a few pharmacies with no luck..just waiting on one ringing me back.

It's the progesterone part of HRT that I struggle with so this sounded like a great compromise.  I'm currently on Femaston and feel so so but my God I'll have a full on beard if I keep on it much longer!  The chinny whiskers are terrible!
Pages: [1] 2