Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Libido through the roof!  (Read 20014 times)

QueenOfCamelot

Libido through the roof!
« on: September 14, 2018, 05:42:16 PM »

Anyone else find that since hitting the menopause their libido/sex drive has gone through the roof instead of down the plughole?  I have and am experiencing the best sex ever!  Anyone know what causes this?

Snoooze

Re: Libido through the roof!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »

Everyone I know in perimenopause has lost their libido including me! You must be one of the lucky ones so enjoy it!! Not sure what causes it but in my pregnancies I also went off sex but had friends who were craving sex, so maybe it's just a hormonal thing and it works in different ways or different women?

QueenOfCamelot

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:46:44 PM »

Oh no, sorry you're experiencing that, I guess it's different for everyone.  I also know that antidepressants are supposed to stifle your sex drive but I've been on them for years and they haven't down anything to hurt mine.  Have you tried DHEA?  I hear that helps.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:11:17 PM »

You lucky thing, embrace it (and hubby lol) and blimming enjoy it !!! X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »

Enjoy it while it's there. You are still very young though so this helps. It's as you get further into Meno that things are more difficult sometimes as sexual response can also decline.

I found between the age of 48 and 53 I had the best time ever sexually. Some say it's the body making a last ditch attempt to further the species  :-\

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:09:49 PM »

My libido was at its best 36-45

Ironically I left ex hubby at 36 and meno started 45 x

QueenOfCamelot

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »

Annie you said you left ex hubbi at 36-you didn't say if you found someone else and went at it like rabbits lol. ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 04:55:24 PM »

SHUSH .............  :-X  ;D  :vibe:

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 07:48:35 PM »

Annie you said you left ex hubbi at 36-you didn't say if you found someone else and went at it like rabbits lol. ;)

Yes I met someone soon after and realised what a high Sex drive I had !!!! X

QueenOfCamelot

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »

:banana:

JaneL

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »

Sometimes this is associated with new relationships rather than hormone status - I'm not sure your situation there.

I'm the opposite sadly, and not only in a long marriage, but also feeling zero to negative libido , lack of arousal, and like I'm "done".

Anyway, enjoy whatever you have, life is all too transitory in many ways.

VikkiP

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »

Anyone else find that since hitting the menopause their libido/sex drive has gone through the roof instead of down the plughole?  I have and am experiencing the best sex ever!  Anyone know what causes this?
Hi QueenOfCamelot, are you still feeling this way? Would be interesting to hear how you are?

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2023, 11:09:10 AM »

Mine did this too, just before my 49th birthday I got a sex drive for the first time. I'd always had sex and always had the ability to cum and therefore enjoy it, never really wanted to though, a bar of chocolate was far better, I'd no inclination to get naked unless I wanted a baby then I wanted to for the obvious reason of getting pregnant.

I turned into a total nympho, wanting it 3 or 4 times a day, sending my husband pictures of my underwear at work, he thought all his christmases came at once and while it eased off after the first three years, it's still a sex drive and my husband still loves me having one.

It isn't talked about a lot, I guess noone wants to hear about horny old women, not what men want to hear I mean.

I was thoroughly annoyed that people assumed I wanted sex all the time while pregnant, the way pregnant women are supposed to, definitely not me, I felt sick, besides it doesn't even make sense for a pregnant woman to want more sex.

Understanding why mother nature might prompt you to have one more child at the end of your fertility is far easier to grasp.