Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Prozac  (Read 43359 times)

Smolls

Prozac
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:00:58 PM »

Hi All

Just wanted to pop something on here for those of us who HRT doesn’t agree with !

I tried HRT for six months and aside from putting on weight, did not really feel the benefit. My GP prescribed Prozac 2 months ago and it is working fantastically well. No sweats , better balanced mood and I have lost the weight.

So , for anyone who is struggling with HRT or cannot take it for any reason it is worth chatting to the GP about
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Prozac
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:37:47 PM »

Tnx for the update.  Well done!

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 07:22:24 AM »

Hi Smolls

Glad you are feeling better. However, it is important to say Prozac doesn’t give you the health benefits that supplementing declining levels of  oestrogen does, i,e., protection of bones, heart, brain etc. So many of us who take hrt are looking at the long term picture. Nevertheless, pleased you are happy x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 08:33:42 AM »

Good point though I don't take HRT.  A good exercise regime [note to self  :-\]; balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and veg.; less alcohol; 'me' time can all help during The Change. Impact walking is good for the bones throughout, including the jaw line. (and I don't mean standing on one's head ;-) ))

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 11:42:37 AM »

Hi All

Just wanted to pop something on here for those of us who HRT doesn’t agree with !

I tried HRT for six months and aside from putting on weight, did not really feel the benefit. My GP prescribed Prozac 2 months ago and it is working fantastically well. No sweats , better balanced mood and I have lost the weight.

So , for anyone who is struggling with HRT or cannot take it for any reason it is worth chatting to the GP about
X
Hi,
I'm just wondering what dose that is? I've taken 20mg Prozac a day since I started perimenopause, for anxiety, but it didn't stop my sweats, I always think prozac makes me sweat more. That was my main complaint about prozac when I was younger, it gave me night sweats, long before I was peri.

Is it a different dose from the dose used for anxiety?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2023, 11:47:32 AM »

I've never known it to be used for anxiety.  Prozac gave me  :cuss: :argue: rages  :o when prescribed for depression. 

Losingtheplot

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 08:42:14 PM »

I take Prozac for anxiety 1 x 20mg daily. As with all meds some don't suit people. I was horrendous on seroxat which I took to treat depression 20 odd years ago made me sucidal and intensified my depression. Prozac suits me and is helping me. My GP said it does treat generalized anxiety as that's what I take it for x

« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 08:46:58 PM by Losingtheplot »

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 09:41:50 PM »

Takes all sorts of meds to deal with issues don't it  ::)

Aprilflower

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 08:37:55 AM »

I take Prozac for anxiety 1 x 20mg daily. As with all meds some don't suit people. I was horrendous on seroxat which I took to treat depression 20 odd years ago made me sucidal and intensified my depression. Prozac suits me and is helping me. My GP said it does treat generalized anxiety as that's what I take it for x

I've taken Prozac a couple of times, for anxiety and depression, both very successful.  Also made a huge difference to my night sweats during the meno.

Have a male family member who has been successfully treated for severe anxiety, with Prozac.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 08:39:07 AM »

:thankyou:  Aprilflower

Losingtheplot

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 10:14:53 AM »

I've taken Prozac a couple of times, for anxiety and depression, both very successful.  Also made a huge difference to my night sweats during the meno.

Have a male family member who has been successfully treated for severe anxiety, with Prozac.

Pleased it helped you too and your family member. Its always helped me once the initial side effects have settled!
Its so good when we do find something that helps us as its trial.and error with a lot of medications

MadieScott

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2024, 07:17:12 PM »

I had anxiety and depression for a few months, I was tired of HTR so my doc prescribed me Prozac and I began to feel much better