Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Headahces and painkillers  (Read 6205 times)

QueenOfCamelot

Re: Headahces and painkillers
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 10:22:32 PM »

OK thanks.  Doesn 't that irritate the stomach though?

Shadyglade

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 10:29:28 PM »

Never has me but I only use them occasionally.

QueenOfCamelot

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 11:43:28 PM »

OK.  Ildprobaly use them more often than occasionally and I have stomach issues so maybe they're not the right painkillers for me.

AgathaC

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »

Try the dissolvable alka seltzer's. They really work for my headache/stomach issue combos. And the eucalyptus/minty inhalers. Give them a try too. They encourage you to breathe deeply and they clear your head literally and metephorically xx

Shadyglade

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »

I used to give my youngest son alka seltzer for migraine when he was a child.

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 04:32:11 PM »

Available in all chemists and supermarkets for pain and Inflametion.
Also in it generic form as Ibuprofen.
I find that the generic ibuprofen is far less effective. I know that they are supposed to be the same but this isn't my experience, particularly with a tension headache. I tried again very recently for cystitis but had the same result. In comparison a  cheaper generic paracetamol (eg. Boots or Sainsbury's) works fine.

QueenOfCamelot

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 05:09:00 PM »

I might give that alka selzter a go, better than painkillers if I can avoid them.  Doubt they'd work on my joints though but then very little does not even co-codamol really  :(

Shadyglade

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »

There is pain killers in it though.

QueenOfCamelot

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »

The original ones do yes, they do all sorts of different types now I understand.

Shadyglade

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2018, 07:35:08 AM »

Now I am totally confused.

Your thread is about pain killers but now you want to take something with no pain relief in it.  ::)

bramble

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2018, 10:46:51 AM »

After a migraine I always crave a fizzy drink do perhaps there is something in 'fizziness' that helps a headache so upu could test out the Alka Seltzer suggestion.

Roseneath

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 08:23:37 AM »

This is interesting. I almost never had migraines/tension headaches before Peri kicked in about 47. Now I get them every 6 weeks like clockwork. For me it feels almost like sinus /pressure points; behind eye, ear, temple. It is always only on one side.  It is niggling /irritating rather than agony and I know computers/gadgets make it worse. I can't take ibuprofen and paracetamol seems to make it worse.  Funny that I crave tea/coffee/hot drink/baths which seems to ease it a little.  It puts a downer on the day though and it can last for two or three on and off.  I am a guilty user of cotton buds so my hubbie is sure it is an infection related to that.  My GP offered to put me on the Mirena Coil to try and stop them but it seems a bit extreme ?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »

Might sound a stupid question but how would the minena coil help? Is it to do with the progesterone?

My headaches sound similar to yours. The pain is in all my sinuses either right side or sometimes all sinus areas. It's weird, ENT say it's nothing to do with my sinuses and more or less said I had to live with it and gave me a saltwater spray!

Shadyglade

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »

Have you seen an optician Roseneath. Could be vision related.

Roseneath

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:50 PM »

Thanks for your tips guys. Headache has gone completely now. I tend only to have it for a couple of days although it feels longer. I think it is hormone related. Yes I have been short sighted for ever and now am long sighted so am forever juggling with glasses/no glasses etc. I feel more comfortable with nothing but am as blind as a bat. Think this plays a factor in the  visual 'wobblyness' I sometimes get; I am especially bad doing the computer with contacts in. Tried bi-focal contacts and glasses a few months ago but didn't get on with them. Optician didn't have many other ideas!
Pages: 1 [2] 3