Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sandrena anyone?  (Read 1400 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Sandrena anyone?
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:29:29 PM »

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone is using sandrena, what was /is it like for you.?
I might use it  along side of my femoston conti.

Thanx

Jd xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sandrena anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:58:12 PM »

Have a look-see in the 'search' box - put the product name in and see what pops up?

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »

Hi jillydoll, nice to see you posting again. How are you?
I started using Sandrena a few days ago, having switched from Oestrogel because I wasn't absorbing it very well. I feel fine so far, even a bit more energetic. I apply to upper outer thighs. It is a bit sticky compared to Oestrogel, but I give it 20 mins before dressing. I am on 2 x 1 mg sachets a day, so a high dose. I used to be on 3 pumps of Oestrogel. It's early days for me. Let us know how you get on if you decide to use it.

JP x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 06:04:57 PM »

Hi Joaniepat
Thanks for asking.

Haven't been too good lately, plus I've been waiting for my GP to issue a prescription
which I thought was going to be eostragel, you know the pump action one, but no, she's
given me Sandrena instead....I've started on only 1/2 sachet at the moment, because I'm still
on femoston conti too, which I think I'm going to stay on, (better the devil you know, I think,)
it's just that I thought I needed more oestrogen , instead of upping the femoston all the time,
which was giving me side effects for taking too much progesterone.. (that's what I'm thinking anyway)
So, I'll have to wait and see how things pan out. Fingers crossed. It's always a worry ent it when we have to throw something else into the mix......

Hope your well, and ok....

Jd xx

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »

Hello

I use Sandrena and I think it's great stuff. Yes it does take a while to dry and remains a bit sticky but I tend to shower, apply the Sandrena, do body creams, hair,  make up etc and then dress.

I'm also on 2 x1mg which my lovely gynae has said isn't a high dose. Most people use between one and two mg.

Before that I tried various tablets (upset tummy and probably not absorbing) and patches (irritated my skin). So I'm very happy with Sandrena.

RRxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 06:48:06 PM »

Hi Roadrunner,
Thanx for that.
Like I said, I've only used 1/2 sachet this morning, I'm scared to increase too much,
and to be honest, I've had a really rubbish day today, even though I'm still on femoston conti.! I didn't sleep well at all last night, and this morning felt rubbish, so didn't eat much today, couldn't be bothered, too tired to do anything really, and now that I have eat something , I feel even more tired and sick....my own fault I know, but sometimes you just kinda give up don't you? It's this rollercoaster that gets me all the time. Sometimes I'm good, other days rubbish, which is why I think I need more oestrogen.
I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day, I just need to get through today...lol

Jd xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 08:14:00 PM »

JD, sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish, but I hope the extra oestrogen will sort things out for you eventually. I daresay you're right that it was the extra progesterone making you feel bad. I think increasing the oestrogen gradually will be your best plan, to give your system time to adjust.
Hope you feel better soon, take care.
JP x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:56 PM »

Thank you Joaniepat.
I'm hoping it'll work, like many of us on here, I'm so fed up with the
rollercoaster effect, and if I don't get any joy, then I'll have to put up and shut up
with it I'm afraid....and just accept that this is probably the best I'm going to get.
But, I'm optimistic and hopefully it'll be ok....
I hope you'll be ok on it too, joanie, keep us informed won't you.?
Nice to hear from you, take care.
Jd xx

Roadrunner

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 09:24:41 AM »

I increased my Sandrena dose very very slowly. I had been on Femoston 2/10 then Femoston sequi. I started on 1mg for 2 months, which was too low,  then 1.5mg for another month, up to 1.75 for 3 months and then settled on 2mg. You definitely need to give your body time to adjust.
Patience is a virtue and all that jazz!
Hope it works for you.
RRxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »

Thank you Roadrunner.
I've been on femoston conti now since February.
I've had to increase over the months too, but find the side effects to much when I take 2/10mg. So, I've dropped back down to 1.1/2mg. And now introduced the sandrena as an oestrogen boost. But only 1/2 a sachet at the mo. I'm praying it works, but maybe I'm focusing far too much on everything at the mo because of feeling crap. I think sometimes,
I expect too much too soon, when I know in reality you have to be patient, but all that's due to feeling so rubbish everyday I suppose. As you say, patience is key...

Take care.
Jd xx