Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 5586 times)

kimmyi

Re: Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 09:11:24 PM »

Hi Katejo,

Really do hope that all goes well for you and see an improvement.

I am going to start the reload of 2 weeks on the Vagifem, I do over think things and am a bit worried to rock the boat?? Stupid I know but I've muddled through for nearly two years
now with this horrid symptom of the menopause.

I did mean to mention that I also used replens to help moisture but this made me more sore down below, I now use vagisan which I find helps when inserting and between doses etc.

Take care 😌

Jemp

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »

I find I need to use Vagifem at least every other day to prevent Uti like symptoms. If I neglect to do this and symptoms return I need to do a 2/3 week reload. VA has been the only menopausal symptom to give me real trouble but it has been very hard to cope with at times.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 12:49:21 PM »

That's OK Jemp - originally it was prescribed at 25 and now it's 10 ........... so some find they need it every night and occasionally, 2 doses at once.

Jemp

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 12:56:07 PM »

Frankly I am willing to take a small risk. I cannot contemplate returning to the state I was in when it was at its worst! I have enough to cope with in my life at the moment including a mother with dementia who is very unhappy that she has had to go into a care home ( my brother and I could no longer cope with caring for her).

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »

'risks'?  getting out of bed has risks  ;)

We have several threads on caring for the elderly here.  Browse round.  Was this a recent move for your Mum?

Jemp

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »

Exactly! I am actually more concerned that there may be a problem getting meds if Brexit goes pear shaped. Anyone stockpiling Vagifem?
Will look for posts re elderly but have found Alzheimers forum invaluable.

kimmyi

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 07:01:18 PM »

I agree VA is a troublesome symptom of the menopause, I have at times really felt unwell with it to be honest...

When the gynaecologist said he thought I was suffering from Vaginal dryness, I thought surely not it feels like something has fallen into my vagina and my bladder felt so uncomfortable 😣 I was very naive.

It's hard when you have this problem and also other problems that life throws at you, family issues can be very stressful to deal with too 😔

Jemp

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 11:49:05 PM »

You are right. I was looking forward to enjoying retirement after a stressful career spent sorting out other peoples' problems unfortunately I seem to be experiencing my own AND at the beck and call of other generations of the family!

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 07:22:43 PM »

Hi Katejo,

Really do hope that all goes well for you and see an improvement.

I am going to start the reload of 2 weeks on the Vagifem, I do over think things and am a bit worried to rock the boat?? Stupid I know but I've muddled through for nearly two years
now with this horrid symptom of the menopause.

I did mean to mention that I also used replens to help moisture but this made me more sore down below, I now use vagisan which I find helps when inserting and between doses etc.

Take care 😌
How are you getting on with this Kimmyi?  I am nearly 2 weeks into it and happy with it so far.

kimmyi

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »

Hi Katejo,

I've only started on Sunday so third night tonight, was a bit worried, but in the just got to go for it haven't we.

Will keep you updated, take care 😌

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »

Hi Katejo,

I've only started on Sunday so third night tonight, was a bit worried, but in the just got to go for it haven't we.

Will keep you updated, take care 😌
Yes do let me know later. It is much less fiddly to apply than Estriol cream which i felt didn't stay inside me. If I peed during the night, at least some of it came out.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »

What goes up  :-X  ;)

kimmyi

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 08:59:31 AM »

Must stay up x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »

Nope.  Gravity becomes involved  ;D

Dierdre

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 05:50:20 AM »

Hi Kimmyi, the atrophy caused me to prolapse in the beginning but after about a year of vagifem and pelvic floor exercise with physio I avoided surgery, which can bring it's own problems. It takes a while to build back the loss of hormones, after all they took years to deplete but it does work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3