Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 5489 times)

kimmyi

Vaginal Atrophy
« on: September 13, 2018, 08:56:49 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to all this so bear with me, I just want to say that I never realised that vaginal dryness could be so awful and such a horrible thing, I started getting problems in October 2016, it all started out of the blue, I was at work and literally felt a really strange feeling what felt like a water infection?
and a feeling that something was in my vagina and a pressure on my bladder,  went to see my GP no water infection presented but
symptoms still present, was referred for scans, to cut a long story short had pelvic and internal scan,nothing but a cyst and fibroid found, was told by gynaecologist nothing to be alarmed about but the symptoms presented were most likely to be vaginal dryness. On Vagifem twice a week and Timbelone daily, has  helped but some days worse than others, would just like to hear from anyone who has this problem, I was so terribly naive really,never realised vaginal dryness could cause such misery 😢

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 11:23:52 PM »

Oh join the Club!   I suggest that you use the product nightly for 2 weeks then alternative nights.  Originally Vagifem was delivered at a higher dosage and several ladies have to use it nightly. 

kimmyi

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »

Will definitely give that a go, haven't done the 2 week dosage yet anyway so no harm in trying.
Thank you 😊

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 11:50:25 AM »

You should have started using it nightly for 2 weeks.  Did your GP not tell you?

Let us know how you get on?

kimmyi

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »

Hello CLKD,

i was originally prescribed Vagifem by gynaecologist and the dosage on prescription was use twice weekly, i have noticed some of the ladies texts on here that there is a dosage of 2 weeks daily and then twice a week.

I shall take your advice and let you know how things are going, thank you again for your time and advice 😊

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 05:37:00 PM »

Yes, you need to use it every night for two weeks and then go on a maintenance dose that suits you, although I have never managed on just two a week. Once you have it under control don't stop using it as symptoms will return.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »

Who ever wrote that prescription shouldn't be calling themselves knowledgeable!  The Pharmacist should also have been aware that the prescription was incorrect, that's why they handle the end-paper work B4 handing over to the patient  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Get that cream up there every night for at least 2 weeks ;-)

kimmyi

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »

Hi ladies,

It just so nice to be able to share this with you as you sometimes feel alone, I have st times really thought that I'm going mad, unfortunately when all this first happened I thought I had something really seriously wrong like CA, this in turn bought on anxiety like I had never experienced before, I'm now on propranolol for palpitations...just wished I could be the girl I once was😔

But finding this site has helped so much so thank you 😊

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 10:02:01 AM »

Hi Kimmyi welcome to the forum.. if you read the thread called The Burning Club you will realise you are not alone with this. I use Vagifem everyday and Ovestin cream for the outside every night, and I'm now managing this but it takes a while to find a dosage that suits you. I find the YES moisturiser helps a lot and use this daily, this is also on prescription now.

kimmyi

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 11:09:04 AM »

Hi Kimmyi welcome to the forum.. if you read the thread called The Burning Club you will realise you are not alone with this. I use Vagifem everyday and Ovestin cream for the outside every night, and I'm now managing this but it takes a while to find a dosage that suits you. I find the YES moisturiser helps a lot and use this daily, this is also on prescription now.

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 06:15:58 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to all this so bear with me, I just want to say that I never realised that vaginal dryness could be so awful and such a horrible thing, I started getting problems in October 2016, it all started out of the blue, I was at work and literally felt a really strange feeling what felt like a water infection?
and a feeling that something was in my vagina and a pressure on my bladder,  went to see my GP no water infection presented but
symptoms still present, was referred for scans, to cut a long story short had pelvic and internal scan,nothing but a cyst and fibroid found, was told by gynaecologist nothing to be alarmed about but the symptoms presented were most likely to be vaginal dryness. On Vagifem twice a week and Timbelone daily, has  helped but some days worse than others, would just like to hear from anyone who has this problem, I was so terribly naive really,never realised vaginal dryness could cause such misery 😢
Hi Kimmyi  I am about to start trying Vagifem for the first time. My reason is to see if it helps with UTI symptoms which I keep getting just as I am due to go on holiday! I previously tried Estriol cream but that make me need the loo much more frequently during the night. Perhaps we could compare experiences? The instructions on my pack definitely say to use it daily for 2 weeks to start with.

kimmyi

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 07:34:19 PM »

Hi Katejo,

I was first prescribed Oestrogel 80gram gel dosage same principal as Vagifem use everyday for 14 days and then twice weekly, did help a little, had a follow up appt with gynae, was then prescribed Vagifem, but on the prescription label said use twice a week and nothing about the 2 week load, I did look at the instruction leaflet but prescription said only use twice a week, and reading lots of threads on this site have been wondering what to do?

Am going to do the 14 day dosage and then twice weekly, I will keep you updated.

Hope all goes well for you and let's hope all improves.

I do think the bladder issues are one of the worse parts of this menopause for me I'm 58 now and was fine until 2years ago.

Take care x

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 07:43:40 PM »

Hi Katejo,

I was first prescribed Oestrogel 80gram gel dosage same principal as Vagifem use everyday for 14 days and then twice weekly, did help a little, had a follow up appt with gynae, was then prescribed Vagifem, but on the prescription label said use twice a week and nothing about the 2 week load, I did look at the instruction leaflet but prescription said only use twice a week, and reading lots of threads on this site have been wondering what to do?

Am going to do the 14 day dosage and then twice weekly, I will keep you updated.

Hope all goes well for you and let's hope all improves.

I do think the bladder issues are one of the worse parts of this menopause for me I'm 58 now and was fine until 2years ago.

Take care x
Hi Kimmyi  In a similar way to you, I haven't had too much trouble with the menopause  but this is bothering me now. I am now 55 and my periods stopped 4-5 years ago. However the UTI symptoms cause me health anxiety. I ended up cancelling a trip away last week and now regret doing that but i regularly get these symptoms just as I am due to go away (or sometimes when I am there). This started several years ago but I have only learnt about VA from this forum  within the past year or so.
I will start using it tonight. The GP definitely told me to do the once a day routine to start with.   :)

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 09:50:15 PM »

Vaginal atrophy is very good at mimic urine infection-type symptoms  :cuss:  bugga ........ so appropriate treatment really can help.  As for Vagifem some GPs are unaware that initially it was prescribed at 25 whatevers and now it's 10, so some ladies require nightly use.

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 07:53:43 PM »

Vaginal atrophy is very good at mimic urine infection-type symptoms  :cuss:  bugga ........ so appropriate treatment really can help.  As for Vagifem some GPs are unaware that initially it was prescribed at 25 whatevers and now it's 10, so some ladies require nightly use.
I am feeling cautiously optimistic at the moment re. use of Vagifem. Back on Sunday some of the cystitis symptoms returned and I thought that the AB hadn't done the job. I was going to wait a couple more days to get the last of it out of me before getting another urine test done. At the same time I started to use the Vagifem. After only a couple of applications, the symptoms had improved.So perhaps this will work for me. Let's hope that the GP won't argue about giving me a continuation prescription when i need it.
Pages: [1] 2 3