Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vit D3  (Read 1538 times)

Cassie

Vit D3
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:09:42 PM »

I have been taking the Better You Vit D3 spray which delivers 1000iu of the vitamin, I know that K2 is essential with that, not sure what the dosage should be to complement? And what about Magnesium & Vit A, are these all to be taken with D3, anyone have any idea? I also read that its important to take the Vit D3 with a fatty meal, but not sure about this, very confusing... :-\

Cassie

Re: Vit D3
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:38:37 PM »

Thanks I like the sprays though they do give instructions how to take but just not sure if its D3 K2 and Magnesium that is needed plus Vit A or just D3 and K2 plus Mag... :-\

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »

There has been a discussion on K2 on another thread. Personally I don't think it's necessary. Most of research comes from the US where cattle are not routinely grass fed, hence low K2 in meat and milk. This does not apply in the UK.

Salad

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:02:12 PM »

Hi Cassie - I joined a Vitamin D Deficiency and Treatment Facebook Closed group (18000+ members) that use research based articles as their information.

Magnesium is needed as this is depleted when the body uses the Vitamin D. Vitamin K2 is important to keep the Vitamin D in the bones and teeth and to prevent high Calcium levels in the blood, this is what people would call 'Vitamin D toxicity'. Other supplements also discussed eg Boron.

The doses are an individual thing depending on your Vitamin D dose and your own tolerance - Magnesium Glycinate 400mg (too much can give you loose stools). Vitamin K2 comes in two forms Mk7 or Mk4 and their daily doses are differ. The K2 is more important if you are on the high doses of Vitamin D.

Currently I take Vitamin D3 6-8000 iu, Magnesium Glycinate 200-400 mg and K2 Mk4 5mg a day.

Hope this helps a little -  :)

PS If you are interested in reading a bit more google 'Dr Coimbra' who is a doctor using high dose Vitamin D therapy to treat autoimmune diseases eg Multiple sclerosis, with success.

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »

Thankyou ladies that is so helpful, appreciate. VitK2 is essential if taking D3 the little that we get from milk, cheese etc, is not enough to make an impact, it is needed for the proper utilization of calcium in the body.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 10:46:23 PM »

Nowt mentioned on the leaflets in my VitD capsules prescribed by the GP .............

3,200 IU - Fultium-D(3) daily for 3 months

Shadyglade

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:03:09 AM »

I don't think K2 is very mainstream CLKD. I have done several trawls of the Internet and can't find any info that is backed up by science papers. Until there is I'll hold back on that one.

I am a advocate for supplements but realise some, like iron and calcium, can cause problems if not needed or taken in the wrong form. For me the jury's still out on K2.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 07:18:26 AM »

I would suggest you ask your GP next time you see him or her CLKD most well informed GP's will prescribe Vit K2 with the D3, certainly the 2 GP's that I have consulted have done so and a chat with any well versed pharmacist should point you in the right direction. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 11:55:06 AM »

It would suggest in the packet prescribed by the GP but I will ask my Pharmacy friend - if I remember  :D