Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: How Do You Describe Your Anxiety?  (Read 16655 times)

Kathleen

Re: How Do You Describe Your Anxiety?
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »

Hello again ladies.

The only thing that depresses me more than my meno problems is the response from some professionals who should know better.  As we are aware the menopause is a common occurrence so finding effective and appropriate treatment shouldn't be that hard and yet we are forced to go into battle. It's bizarre and utterly exhausting.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

Roseneath

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2018, 07:30:44 PM »

Will be interested to see how you get on with the blanket Blue Butterfly. I must have spent a fortune on things to help ease anxiety (some with batteries but the effects don't last long!!). Kathleen I totally agree with your despair a the health profession. Last time I was told ' We've given you a good MOT and what you need is a good holiday.....' :-\

BlueButterfly

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2018, 09:15:34 PM »

Thoughts on the blanket....well I like it. I'm still waking up in the night but falling back asleep faster and sleeping deeper. Going to give it time. My kids really like it. My teenage son even said it was very comforting. He has some depression so it might be good for him to try a few nights. My daughter loves the thing but kicked it off in her sleep the one night she tried it.
I do sleep warmer with it.... downside. It works right now because the weather is cooler and I love opening the windows at night. Summer might not be so enjoyable. I like the weight...not totally sure why but it reminds me of the old denim quilts I used to have. It isn't as warm as those, thank goodness.
As for anxiety, it's hard to tell right now. I think it'll take awhile to notice that. But I'm slowly sleeping better. It's a step.

I've been told the same thing....a holiday or a massage!  ::) Yes I need a massage...I need one every other day for a couple of months but who is going to pay for that?! ;D

shrosphirelass

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »

I've been having a bad bout of anxiety for the last few days and Ive been  getting this awful burning like feeling in my stomach. Really horrible.

The blanket sounds interesting BB

Kathleen

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »

Hello ladies.

Shropshirelass -  I'm having an anxious day as well so I sympathise. I so wish I had the answers for us but you are not alone.  My stomach also feels wrong so I may ask my GP if there is any treatment that would settle it. Until then I'll just have to wait it out as usual. I  don't know about you but on the rare occasions the anxiety subsides I really enjoy it, it's like coming up for air!

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »

Thanks Kathleen x. Hope you are feeling better. I'm still not great. My stomach is burning, not sure if its "just" anxiety or its stomach problems aggravated by anxiety. Keep waking up in discomfort, really uncomfortable and gaseous. Horrible. I've been experimenting with my diet but doesn't seem to make a difference. I've consumed many Gaviscon in the last few days. Feel a bit less anxious in myself though, so onward and upward!

BlueButterfly

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2018, 08:10:58 PM »

Anxiety can definitely increase heartburn/reflux issues. But reflux can also trigger anxiety. Oh what a mess.

Anxiety usually triggers stomach problems in me so I am not too concerned when it happens during an anxious time. Probiotics and digestive enzymes have lessened those effects for me though. Not gone completely but keeps things closer to normal and my digestion recovers faster.

Been anxious as well. My period can't come fast enough. I need the hormonal shift right now for relief. Need to go wrap up in that blanket and see if it really feels like a constant hug, because that's what I really need right now ..a long, strong hug. And sleep...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]