Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone else on their own??  (Read 3701 times)

allie007

Re: Anyone else on their own??
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »

I'm on my own, have been for the last 6 years since i discovered my partner had been cheating on me our whole relationship 2 weeks after I had our son. I am really struggling, Im shattered all the time, my moods for the last few years are all over the place, i hate my job and really stressed out with it and I'm not being the mum I used to be before this bloody menopause kicked in. In some ways I'm glad i haven't got a partner becauae I know i'd be a nightmare to live with now but it would be nice to have aomeone to talk to in the evenings and take some of the pressure off  x

ali 61

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 08:05:38 PM »

I'm totally alone. No partner, parents or children. I moved back to the UK 6 years ago from Italy, due to a failed relationship, so I'm living somewhere now where I dont even have friends.
I made a couple of friends here, but they work full time and have their own families etc.
So I spend most of the time alone with my little dog.
I have bad arthritis, so cant get out much either. Sorry that all sounds doom and gloom. But its hard just trying to do shopping, dr's, hospital etc etc etc always alone. So now to add the Menopause symptoms to it has been doubly hard. I would so like somebody just to share my evenings with and have a chat.
Oh well...me and the dog will plod on!!  :)

Dancing Queen

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 09:40:43 PM »

Hi Ali , Im sad you are totally alone. I have no family or children, I have a partner but I feel more alone with him than by myself for various reasons. I have a good friend who is my lifesaver. If you want to pm me we can chat about anything. Or nothing! Just connecting with someone helps I find. Mind you Im not sure how to pm not tried it yet! xx

mabel64

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 09:56:26 AM »

Thankyou all for your replies. I agree that it is better to be on your own that in the wrong relationship. I think I am just really struggling with everything at the moment and feeling so old and unattractive...I just really dont want to reach the end of my life not having had a loving relationship again

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 11:50:21 AM »

Ali - 61 - do you not meet people when out with the dog?

Blot

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 01:17:46 PM »

I'm not on my own but might as well be at times. Long story and probably both at fault but it is what it is. I had a proper meltdown the other day and although he is full of practical advice, emotionally he's just not there. Refused to come to my next docs appointment even though I was really upset and pleaded with him :'(

Dierdre

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 02:01:32 PM »

Teresa, don't you live in an area where you can shop online and have it all delivered?

racjen

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 04:26:17 PM »

I've been single, apart from the odd very short lived relationship, for 11 years now since my marriage of 19 years broke up. I thank god I have my two daughters, now 22 and 18, still living with me as in the last 2 years I've been through breast cancer treatment and now this endless menopause crap. It's been very hard with no supportive partner to lean on, but I've also met quite a few women whose partners are either emotionally useless or have actually walked out on them after the cancer diagnosis. So I'm acutely aware that just having a partner ain't the be all and end all. When things were going well (can't remember when that was right now, quite a while back) I honestly didn't miss having a partner at all - relationships can be so high maintenance, and emotionally intelligent men are pretty hard to come by. But at times like this when the chips are down I agree, I also sometimes feel really desperate for someone I can rely on and who understands. And I think people who are in long-term stable relationships tend to forget, or have no awareness in the first place, of how awful it is to be in this position on your own, so may offer help but actually are so engrossed in their own cosy family lives it doesn't translate into anything concrete.
Pages: 1 [2]