Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Email consultation  (Read 1191 times)

Butterfly16

Email consultation
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »

Hello Ladies  :)
I just wondered if anyone had emailed Heather for a consultation?  I'm really interested in doing so but didn't know how much information to provide her in the email?  I wanted to give a brief history of the issues/concerns I've had, but didn't want to ramble on too much!

Thank you!
x

Sunnydays

Re: Email consultation
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:44:50 PM »

I've done a couple of email consultations in past. I've always given a bit of background info and tried to keep it as succinct as possible as I too am conscious of rambling! Good luck with to

racjen

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:43:07 PM »

I think whether it's worth it depends on how extreme/unusual your situation is - I have to be honest here and say that I did it fairly early on in my whole menopausal experience and it was a complete waste of money. BUT my situation is particularly complicated and I'm not really sure anyone could be expected to unravel it just like that, so it might help you depending on what the problem is. I don't think you need to worry too much about how much information to give initially - Dr. currie willl contact you and ask for more without charge if necessary. Hope she can help x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »

I think it's important to give some good relevant background so she can advice appropriately.
Try listing the important things you need to include to make it easier to read and analyse and then state the questions you need answered.
Include:
Your age, where you are in your menopause journey, what symptoms you are trying to control, other health issues, what hrts you have already tried and also tell her if you have weight or blood pressure problems.
You don't need to ramble - just do short statements and questions.
DG x

Mustard1

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 06:29:26 PM »

Hi there - yes I did this and it was helpful.  I gave as much relevant information and tried not to ramble - I bullet pointed the facts. I found it very helpful. Good luck.

Butterfly16

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 09:29:00 PM »

Thanks all very much for your replies, much appreciated  :) x