Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: triethanolamine in estrogel allergy  (Read 1096 times)

aurora

triethanolamine in estrogel allergy
« on: September 03, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »

Hi all - i recently posted  about how my allergies (sneezing and itchy eyes) have greatly increased since using estrogel and several people pointed out that estrogen itself tends to increase histamine and therefore allergic reactions which is true for some people.

What was odd is that when I was using bi-estrocare cream my allergies actually improved - I thought maybe it was just that there's a lot less estradiol in the cream so have tried using less gel (ie a third of pump which would give the same amount as one pump of bi-estrocare)  but still sneezing!

I just researched the inactive ingredients and one of them - triethanolamine - has been shown in studies to causing sneezing type side effects!! It seems it's used in building products etc :/

I know some people have had other reactions to estrogel like shoulder pain etc and i wonder if this could be the culprit?

I've checked the inactive ingredients in Sandrena and that doesn't seem to have it and I've read that some people get on better with Sandrena so I'm going to ask if i can try it ...

Any other options for estrogen? I'd rather have something with topical application not a pill.

Would be grateful for any opinions/experiences ...

aurora

Re: triethanolamine in estrogel allergy
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 02:07:44 PM »

Oh dear just looked up Trolamine which Sandrena does have and it's apparently another name for triethanolamine so that won't be any better!  Any other suggestions?  Thanks xx

Conolly

Re: triethanolamine in estrogel allergy
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:41:32 PM »

Hello aurora,

That would be tricky because all gels have triethanolamine. Maybe you could ask for patches, but they usually have more ingredients that could cause allergy or even an implant if you can't stand the allergic reactions.

Conolly X