Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Great anxiety help.  (Read 4062 times)

ali 61

Great anxiety help.
« on: September 11, 2018, 10:31:11 AM »

I suffer from anxiety occasionally, but the menopause has really made it worse. Coupled with insomnia, its been very difficult.
Yesterday I started following a page on Facebook called "The anxiety guy"
He also has lots of videos on Youtube under the same name.

Last night I watched his "meditation for evening anxiety" and felt so much calmer and slept nearly double my usual amount!!

I also found he had released a book about his own experience with years of anxiety and how he overcame it.
Its a bit expensive as a book, but I got an e-book for just over £2. I sat and read it in one go as I couldnt put it down!

He may not help for every single person, but for me, he gives some great advice/info/ideas.

Maybe somebody else out there would find him helpful too?

Have a good day everybody. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Great anxiety help.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:58:15 AM »

:thankyou:

AgathaC

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »

I think Bettyboo also recommended this (Canadian?) gentleman a couple of days ago on another thread xx

AgathaC

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 01:49:47 PM »

Thank you Ali 61. There was one hardback left in stock which is now on its way to me!

Toodle Pips

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:54:16 PM »

I dabble in mediation at certain times in my monthly cycle as it helps with the low mood/worries that rear up in the first two weeks of my cycle. I use an app called headspace. The first ten sessions are free. I did subscribe to it for a while but have stopped now as I feel I know what I am doing.

I am probably defeating the object by only mediating now and then, but I don't feel I need to do it every day.

Angel1964

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »

I have only just today saved him on my YouTube account as it came up on my Facebook. I have just ordered the Kindle book so thank you for posting this. :) Xx

Bettyboo

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 07:32:22 AM »

I've been following The Anxiety Guy for a few months on YouTube and have listened to quite a few of his podcasts. If you sign up for email notifications you get a PDF download free of an ebook - not sure if it is the same one. It's his story plus lots of tips - I found it really helpful. He also talks about adrenal fatigue which I know is not medically recognised but I wonder ... he recommends diet, exercise and supplement like magnesium too, which I am trying (and just given up coffee - what a difference!)

Also I've been doing his daily affirmations - well listening to them after my 10 minute morning meditation and these help as well. I like his positive attitude - we are all anxiety 'warriors' and his mantra which I've adopted ' I am more than anxiety'.

I did Headspace for about a year (paid version) and then I moved to Calm which is a female voice, it was a bit cheaper and I prefer the music. There is also lots of free meditations on the Insight Timer App, or you can make your own timer with bells and music (I use it for Yin Yoga).

OMG - you'd think that with all this stuff I do that I'd be more than OK  ;D but I'm still a bundle of worry and neuroses (haven't even mentioned my therapy visits ...)

paisley

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »

Thanks for that.
I will look him up. Anxiety, anger & depression are by far my worst symptoms

AgathaC

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »

Book has arrived!

AgathaC

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 03:24:08 PM »