Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Social Event Tomorrow and Anxiety Sky High!  (Read 3291 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Social Event Tomorrow and Anxiety Sky High!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 02:15:25 PM »

Maybe Kathleen was taken poorly whilst away, after all she suggested that she would let us know  :-\

As I don't touch alcohol .......... it has never been an option. 

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »

Hello ladies.

I survived lol!

Thanks to all those who responded to my post, your kindness and support is truly appreciated.

I took a 2mg diazepam tablet before we left and was given a cocktail on arrival but as I was concerned about the valium, I drank slowly and made it last. I had planned my escape if necessary and when we looked around the venue I noticed some quiet places where  I could sit on my own if I felt like it.

As it turned out the day and evening went very well and I actually had a good time! I even danced myself to a standstill. I wonder if part of the reason is that the day was one big distraction and as we know keeping yourself busy and focused is always beneficial.

Obviously I didn't have the  opportunity to update you all during the event as  I was too busy ( as Hurdity says it's sometimes a good sign when members go quiet !  ).

I am now recovering for the rest of the day but I wanted to say a special thank you to all you lovely ladies. Your comments helped me more than I can say and it's a privilege to be part of this wonderful forum.

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday and hugs to those who are struggling today.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 04:32:54 PM »

:foryou:  :medal:

Might I suggest that, having used up that energy with anxiety as well as  :cancan:, that you eat more often and keep hydrated ......... so that anxiety doesn't take over as a reaction.

What's a cocktail?  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »

Oh Kathleen that's great you had a lovely time !

The good thing about a wedding (as well as it's a happy occasion lol) is that it's broken down into so many phases so although it's a long old day and evening, it doesn't feel it.  Plus I've been to so many where guests slip off to their room for an hour or so (maybe they have anxiety ?) so nobody would've thought any more about it

But you were a trooper ! Well done.  I was always on a high whenever I managed a whole event unscathed xxx

Juliet

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »

So happy you had a great time  :D :) 8) :-*

Kathleen

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Thank you so much for your comments.

It seems ridiculous to congratulate someone for having a good time but we all know that  it can feel like a  huge achievement. There should be medals! I also recognise that I'll probably get into a similar state the next time but I can always try ‘sex on the beach‘ again.  Worked  wonders yesterday!

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 07:11:20 PM »

OOOHHHH .............. trouble is, if I am anxious sex goes out the window  :'( as does eating, sleeping, travelling, mixing .....

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 07:16:15 PM »

Great news Kathleen - I knew you'd be OK!

I wonder if part of the reason is that the day was one big distraction and as we know keeping yourself busy and focused is always beneficial.

Obviously I didn't have the  opportunity to update you all during the event as  I was too busy ( as Hurdity says it's sometimes a good sign when members go quiet !  ).

K.

Sounds like you might have hit the nail on the head there - if you are not usually busy and focused most of the time? I can't remember if you are still working - but yes if you have too much to do then less time to worry, and anxiety might bubble up but unless debilitating, can be put aside because of urgent priorities - family or otherwise, as in your happy case :)

Long may it last!

Sex on the beach  :o - how did you manage that!!!

Hurdity xx

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 07:23:28 PM »

Good for you for letting Sex on the Beach calm you!

I've got visions now of you on the beach holding your cocktail....doing hanky panky lol xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 06:08:05 AM »

That's great news Kathleen for you a  :medal:

I assume you mean the drink and not actual sex on the beach but if it was lucky you   ;)

Lanzalover x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »

How R U today?

Kathleen

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 09:07:52 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Thanks for all your comments, it seems you have enjoyed the cocktail almost as much as I did lol!

It's great to have a victory but as we all know the real aim is to eradicate the horrible meno symptoms completely and I'm still awaiting that happy day.

I'll be back in search of words of wisdom before long and in the meantime thanks again and I wish you all well.

K.

alibeau

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2018, 09:18:27 AM »

Happy to hear you had a good time Kathleen!!!  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »

Ha ha Kathleen - well you learn something new - I had never heard of that as the name of a cocktail (not that I know many really) - I wondered why you put it in inverted commas - I thought it might have stood for something but did think you were meaning something saucy  ;D

Hope you're still feeling good after the big day!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]