Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Feel like I need to wee a lot  (Read 17543 times)

suziq99

• GBX Marine
Re: Feel like I need to wee a lot
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2018, 12:32:10 PM »

Could you suggest a 24 hour wee collection, my mum did one once they can test for other things.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2018, 12:48:28 PM »

That's a real phaff!  Input and output can be important to make sure the kidneys are working correctly.  However, do not deprive the body of liquids or the kidneys need to work harder.

Blot

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »

Thank you ladies. I flippin love this site, you are all so supportive and fabulous.

I'm taking note of all your comments and will discuss with gp next week.

I've done the measuring input and output thing already for two lots of 3 days. Yes peeing into a jug was fun, especially at work! If I remember correctly I was weeing out slightly more than I was drinking.

Symptoms quite mild today but I'm still going for the VA explanation. I will update after my appointment but no doubt i will be back again before that with more questions.

Cheers x

Blot

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »

What do you think ladies? I hope you can make sense of this.

I made an appointment for next week with a different gp than the one I originally saw for my bladder problems. I did this because mine had no appointments for 3 weeks and this new one has letters after her name that say she's got qualifications in women's health etc. So might be a bit more clued up. And also I was a bit annoyed because she forgot to to my referral.

However, the docs surgery have just been on the phone with my scan results (clear which I already knew) and they said new doc thinks I should see original doc to discuss the results seeing as she referred me. That will be a further 2 weeks away.

Given that I am going to ask for vagifem, is it inappropriate to go to this new doc next week? I've kept the one with the new doc but don't know if I should.

I'm totally overthinking this aren't I?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:08:00 PM by Blot »

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »

Ring the surgery and explain that you would like to try treatment for Vaginal Atrophy at once.  Explain that you have read information on here and point out, that if you try the product now and chart relief you will have something to discuss with the GP.  The GP could maybe ring you about this, or is there a Practice Nurse you would see sooner?  It is nice to keep with the same GP for the same condition and obviously, holidays, days off, Conferences can all interrupt their shedlues.  If this is the request of the new GP then it is protocol.

Blot

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2018, 04:43:09 PM »

Well my original gp is away till the week after next so someone else would have to prescribe the vagifem anyway so I'm thinking I could see the new gp and get started on it, if she's agreeable. If not, I'll just wait.

My appointment with the old one is for two weeks after that so I could be on it for 2 weeks when I go back. I don't know whether she's supportive Sparkle, I've never seen her before this, but she's very nice.

I made this appointment with the new gp because I thought I was going to have to wait 6 weeks for my scan, but I got it straight away - right place right time as it happened. I'll see how I feel over the weekend. Tbh I feel a bit uncomfortable seeing the new gp now. Hubby thinks I should go to new one as planned.

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »

Make up your mind so that the appt. can be given, the new GP suggested that you have a continuity.  Ask to see a Practice Nurse who can ask a GP on duty to prescribe appropriate VA treatment. 

Blot

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2018, 03:26:02 AM »

You know I was feeling a lot better and my symptoms were improving until this "question" about whether to see the new gp. Its ridiculous but I have started worrying so much about it, which in turn has made my symptoms much worse. Been awake since 2 am and can't sleep. I have a big problem with anxiety but that's a whole different story.

My gp practice is so busy, the nurse doesn't prescribe and I'm not strong enough to insist on phone consultation  or to denand they give me the treatment, so I'm going to keep the appointment. If the new gp isn't happy or prepared to help then I'll just wait to see the original gp. My mum and husband agree I should keep it as well.

This thing is taking over my life and I want it sorted asap.

JaneinPen

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2018, 07:49:33 AM »

Hi a Blot. Only just caught up with posts and saw yours. I too had a lot of investigations last year and also had a bit of urine in my bladder on the second scan and the lady doing the scan said as far as she was concerned I almost certainly wouldn't get called back as it is very common to have around 10% left and nothing to be concerned about. She was right I didn't get called back. One thing the consultant said was that after I think I have peed enough then cough and some more will come out if not properly emptied and he was right so as I can't rock backwards and forwards due to a bad back this is what I do now and it works. You just need to take your time. He did also say that if I am at home and need the loo again very soon after going then just go because better out than in. Decafe drinks really make a difference as well

Blot

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2018, 08:37:29 AM »

Thanks Sparkle. I'm changing my mind every 5 mins about what to do  ???.

Its so true about the link between the mind and body. My symptoms have been awful overnight, purely because I'm so stressed about this.

Thanks also Herdwick. That's a relief to hear that. I was in quite a flap about the urine retention but I can live with it. I'll try the coughing thing.

Anyway, I'll shut up now and try and calm down. Who would have thought you could get so stressed about a doctors appointment  :(

Joaniepat

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2018, 11:05:29 AM »

And me, BP through the roof when checked by 'them' but OK when I do it myself. I've got white coat syndrome in spades.

When I had women's physio, I was told that you can't really expect to empty the bladder fully. Leaning forward helps for me, but they don't advise bearing down, which was what I used to do. Coughing sounds like a good tip, and taking plenty of time.

I expect your GP appointment will be fine Blot, these things are often easier than you anticipate, and as CLKD said earlier, it's much better to start the Vagifem asap. You will be doing the right thing by keeping the appointment.

Good luck!

JP x

Blot

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2018, 01:24:26 PM »

AW thanks Sparkle and Joaniepat.

I'm worried because the new doc doesn't really want to see me because I'm not her patient. Protocol etc as CLKD said. And what will old doc say if I then go back to her and she sees I've been to someone else in between? Aaaargggh!

I've changed my mind 15 times today. I have managed to get the original docs appt brought forward to the week after so if I cancel this one I won't have too long to wait. Hubby thinks I'm nuts and should just go next week.

I'm not right in the head, as they say in these parts.

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2018, 02:55:16 PM »

Why worry about what your usual GP thinks?   The 'new' Practitioner suggests that you keep a continuity with him.  I suggest that you ring to see if there is a Practice Nurse you could chat with about vagifem.  They can then pop into see the GP on Duty to see if a prescription can be issued there and then, we have Nurse Practitioners in our Surgery who do prescribe.

Let us know what you decide.  What is the real problem that is causing the indecision?

Blot

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »

There is 8 days between the appointments Sparkle. Still deciding but if I cancel I will do it in good time so somebody else can have it.

Blot

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2018, 04:53:02 PM »

Just one more question before I go demanding vagifem about the symptoms.

I've got the feeling of needing to wee and soreness/ feeling uncomfortable in the vagina and uretha pressure. Is this enough to justify VA treatment?

As for pain having sex, couldn't say, its been so long  :o
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6