Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Feel like I need to wee a lot  (Read 17534 times)

Blot

Re: Feel like I need to wee a lot
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »

Latest thing in my saga, just rang hospital to chase up my scan and apparently they haven't received the referral!!
Just waiting for my gp practice to ring me back to find out what's happening. I suspect they forgot to do it but that doesn't help me in that X-ray won't care. They will just process the referral as normal when they get it so will have to wait another 6 weeks or so.

Currently having a good cry  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »

Oh why can't they have joined up thinking?   A few months ago DH needed a an X-ray, the Locum GP said he would be contacted by the Dept., however: no one had explained that in this County the patient rings the X-ray Dept for an appt.  >:(. After 2 weeks, his referral would have been null and void so that the process would have started all over again: wasting yet more time!

The GP sent the referral whilst we sat in the Surgery directly to the X-ray Dept..

Blot

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »

I know. Thing is I work at the hospital and went into xray last week to find out about waiting times. Didn't think to ask if they'd actually received the referral.
Still no phone call from doctors. I shall be straight on the phone after lunch to find out what's going on. I hate making a nuisance of myself but have learnt from experience that the only way to get things sorted is to be a proper pain in the backside.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »

Years ago one got fast tracked if one worked for the NHS!

What would you advise a friend Blot?

Blot

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »

Well my gp forgot to do the referral and apologises.  Well she apologised via her secretary. Its been done now, I've checked,  but just as routine so I'll have to wait. I can ring up every day to see if there are any cancellations but I probably won't. Too much hassle.

I tried all the "I work in the hospital" stuff CLKD and it got me nowhere. No perks of the job lol.  Don't know what I'd advise a friend. Go private probably.

I'm annoyed but people make mistakes.

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2018, 02:40:09 PM »

Maybe when you go for the results make the suggestion that the referral is done whilst the patient is in the Surgery.  That way every one is on the same page!

Blot

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2018, 03:57:09 PM »

She didn't do referral because she wanted blood results back first then she forgot.

I've made an appointment with another gp as mine is away, for 26th, and I'm going to discuss going on vagifem etc. (she's got training in women's issues so she might be a better bet). I'll see what she says anyway.

Thanks ladies for this. I feel so much better talking to you all  :)

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2018, 04:22:47 PM »

I would ask.  Put foot down with firm hand where possible  ;)

Once the results came back it should have jogged her mind: not menopausal is she  ;)

Blot

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »

Had a most excellent day yesterday after my meltdown on Friday. Symptoms hardly noticeable but I was busy and I suppose distracted. This is making me doubt whether I have VA.

I shall see how I get on this coming week then decide whether to cancel my appointment with the gp. I'm still thinking I should wait for scan results before going back as well. Confused.

Blot

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »

Update. I've been for my scan and all looks as it should be.
They scanned me again after I'd been for a wee and said there was still a bit left in my bladder, but they said my bladder was very full before so that might be why and it might also be normal for me. Should I be concerned about that? Is that indeed normal?
Anxiety getting to me  :-\

Still going to go and discuss VA next week

Shadyglade

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »

Not emptying out properly can cause UTIs.

Try altering your posture on the loo. Sit leaning back slightly as this is supposed to help. Also don't get up straight away. Wait for a minute or two and you may get, what I call, after wee.

I have the same problem and did a lot of research after a kidney infection.

Hope that helps.

Hurdity

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »

Hi Blot - I would advise the opposite - leaning forward not back! I have retroverted uterus and this affects position of bladder so I always lean forward to empty properly and sometimes slightly rock backwards and forwards until it's all out!!!

Hurdity x

Blot

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2018, 08:53:06 PM »

Thanks. I will try both.
Strange but ive never had the feeling that i havent emptied my bladder fully. How would you even know?

Last lab test was clear of infection so haven't got a uti.

Is this something serious? I dare not google this as I'll scare myself silly. In fact I'm a bit scared already :(
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:09:05 PM by Blot »

Blot

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 08:29:29 AM »

And another thing. Seems like I might be constipated. The past 3 weeks or so I've been pooing  pebbles/ small bits instead of the usual.
I'm going regularly, no straining or blood or anything. My diet is a bit all over the place but I am drinking plenty of fluids. So I'm worrying about that too because its been going on for a while :'(

Its probably anxiety related but is it a menopause thing too?

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2018, 09:07:41 AM »

Yes, yes and ........ HORMONES  >:(

10 mins. prior to a bleed I would get 'the runs' even if a period wasn't due!  Needed the loo and I needed it fast!

Also in recent weeks I've had after wee ......... I do a good amount then if I stand up too soon, I'm still dribbling.  So I press on my lower abdomen gently to release any wee left behind.  Sometimes I lean forwards, sometimes backwards, sometimes rocking releases the remainder.  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax!

Your scan is clear.  Do ask for vaginal atrophy treatment, it won't do any harm and may give some relief!  What's to lose?  As for the diet: mine gets active if I eat lots of roasted veg. which I love, maybe not the next morning but during the next day  ::).  "A Good Clear Out" my Granny used to say  :D.  I also feel constipated sometimes which does impact on my bladder and VA symptoms.  The feeling of needing to 'go' is always present except when I've had the veggies  ::).

I would think that 4 U it is 'within normal limits'.  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6