Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Feel like I need to wee a lot  (Read 17049 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel like I need to wee a lot
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 05:04:44 PM »

The AB will certainly help but unless there is growth in the urine sample is unlikely to keep symptoms at bay.  Some ladies have required long-term treatments for bladder problems but meno-brain here, can't remember the title of the thread  :-\

Appropriate treatment for vaginal atrophy are essential.  Long-term if not Life-long ......... because urine infection-type symptoms mimic VA really well.  Fortunately my GP recognised my repeated symptoms  :-*

Katejo

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 09:47:04 PM »

The AB will certainly help but unless there is growth in the urine sample is unlikely to keep symptoms at bay.  Some ladies have required long-term treatments for bladder problems but meno-brain here, can't remember the title of the thread  :-\

Appropriate treatment for vaginal atrophy are essential.  Long-term if not Life-long ......... because urine infection-type symptoms mimic VA really well.  Fortunately my GP recognised my repeated symptoms  :-*
Do you mean that VA symptoms mimic UTI symptoms? Is VA actually supposed to prevent you getting a UTI or is it just that having VA is mistaken for a UTI? I would have thought that an AB would not work at all if the cause was VA.

Just out of curiosity, would you declare VA when buying travel insurance? When I bought my current policy, I did declare UTI's.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 02:24:25 PM »

That's it.  VA is very good at mimicking apparent UTIs.  Which is why GPs still don't 'get it'  :bang: so continued anti-biotic therapy is prescribed.  Un-necessarily. 

The two conditions are totally different.  VA is due to a lack of oestrogen which can cause thinning of the tissues.  Which causes itching.  Urine infections are caused by a bug which is found when a urine sample is sent to a Lab.. 

Nope.  I wouldn't declare something that is in general, treatable and that I was unlikely to need to approach a professional with, either home or abroad.  I would have a copy of any prescriptions with me and a covering letter from my GP.  I wouldn't consider claiming for VA treatment.

How R U today?

Katejo

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »

That's it.  VA is very good at mimicking apparent UTIs.  Which is why GPs still don't 'get it'  :bang: so continued anti-biotic therapy is prescribed.  Un-necessarily. 

The two conditions are totally different.  VA is due to a lack of oestrogen which can cause thinning of the tissues.  Which causes itching.  Urine infections are caused by a bug which is found when a urine sample is sent to a Lab.. 

Nope.  I wouldn't declare something that is in general, treatable and that I was unlikely to need to approach a professional with, either home or abroad.  I would have a copy of any prescriptions with me and a covering letter from my GP.  I wouldn't consider claiming for VA treatment.

How R U today?
I haven't had any itching. More like irritation. Today hasn't been bad except that I may be getting a cold. I did feel the irritation earlier this morning but it has now calmed down. That might be because I also took an anti histamine today to see if it might help. I will get a call from the GP tomorrow.  When i go abroad, i don't take copies of the prescription. i just make sure that I have medication in original labelled boxes. I have never been asked about it in all the trips which I have done.

Katejo

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 06:35:59 PM »

Don't know if this is if any help but I've been doing a Vagifem reload i.e every night for two weeks as I had a constant feeling of needing to pee and a twitchy nerve feeling in my bladder.  It's taken 9 consecutive doses but I can notice a definite improvement when two days ago I didn't think it was making any difference.
Thanks sparkle. My measure of success would be to go a year without any UTI infections (particularly just as I am supposed to be going on holiday. I don't have a twitchy nerve feeling.

Hurdity

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 06:57:06 PM »

Do you mean that VA symptoms mimic UTI symptoms? Is VA actually supposed to prevent you getting a UTI or is it just that having VA is mistaken for a UTI? I would have thought that an AB would not work at all if the cause was VA.

Just out of curiosity, would you declare VA when buying travel insurance? When I bought my current policy, I did declare UTI's.

Both! (I presume you meant treating VA is supposed to prevent you getting a UTI?) Yes VA can mimic UTI symptoms (itching, irritation, urgency, frequency, spasms) but also treating VA will plump up the vaginal tissues so the tissues are less fragile and also lowers the pH in the vagina so making you less susceptible to infection - (eg higher ph allows growth of unhealthy bacteria).

Sorry to hear about your trip - I think I mentioned on another thread that Bologna is a place I have promised myself to do a short visit to sometime!

Hope you are on the mend soon.

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »

MayB Katejo it's anxiety led?   The body gets tense, maybe you pass more urine which increases the feelings?  When I have had a bad panic attack I pee: every 10 mins.: LOTS of urine passed 4 about 2 hours after.   Nurofen does ease my symptoms.  How is it today?  Sorry about having to cancel the trip, Italy is on my Bucket List  :'( .....

until this episode is out of the way.  I would be asking how long I need to wait!  Without treatment symptoms may continue to niggle.  Obviously your GP ain't ever suffered  ;)

I really don't know how much food and drink impacts on the bladder, I can't cope with coffee: Love the smell but it makes me queasy  :D
I am sure that it is at least partly anxiety led. I need the loo more frequently when I am nervous about something on a particular day (but without persistent discomfort over a period). These symptoms always come back just before i am due to go away! I am feeling a lot better today though the symptoms haven't gone completely. If i hadn't cancelled my flight yesterday, I might have gone today.....    However I felt that I had to let the language school in Italy know by yesterday because of an email about the teaching programme  which I got during the week. Also I didn't want to keep my friend waiting until the last minute. Next time i will ignore it and go...    Anyway I have found something else positive to get done this coming week so I will think about that now.
I highly recommend Italy for trips and don't just concentrate on the really big tourist towns like Florence and Rome. Bologna is excellent for a short break and also places like Siena , the Cinqua Terra and the Amalfi coast. Plenty more. I haven't been everywhere. I want to see Puglia but it isn't good for public transport and that is why I still haven't been there as I don't drive.

I will continue the AB until Monday when I see the GP. As things have now improved, it might be doing some good and the awful side effects which I had on Wed-Friday have worn off now. The GP only meant for me to wait until i get my urine test result and finish the AB to start the Vagifem. I am happy to do that now because the symptoms are so much better today.
   Here is an update on this. I have just heard from the GP. Apparently the urine test from last week does indicate that there was still infection and that the microbes are resistant both to Trimethroprim and Amoxycillin which I have been taking but which haven't really worked. However that test was done only 24 hours after I had finished the Trimethroprim. The GP is sending over a prescription for Augmentin to the pharmacy but I have asked to do another urine test first (48 hours after stopping the Amoxycillin) to be sure that I really do still  need it as the symptoms are mild at the moment.
She has also given me the go ahead to start trying the Vagifem now. Maybe that will sort the problem and I won't need the AB!

Blot

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2018, 04:09:29 PM »

Well at least there is an explanation as to what's been going on with you Katejo. And hopefully the vagifem will sort out any future problems.

Strange goings on here. 3 good days, then symptoms worse today. What's going on?

I'm so sorry to be bleating on about this all the time but I'm confused. I've got no itching just feel like everything is being squashed down below. I don't know if its pressure or soreness but its very low down in my uretha but it dosent hurt/ sting to pee. Bit of soreness in the vagina. Not weeing constantly  but the feeling is there. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Still no news on my scan date but should be in the next 2 weeks. No doctors appointments with my gp either in the near future (can book online).

Anxiety sure is making things worse. Rant over.

Katejo

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »

Well at least there is an explanation as to what's been going on with you Katejo. And hopefully the vagifem will sort out any future problems.

Strange goings on here. 3 good days, then symptoms worse today. What's going on?

I'm so sorry to be bleating on about this all the time but I'm confused. I've got no itching just feel like everything is being squashed down below. I don't know if its pressure or soreness but its very low down in my uretha but it dosent hurt/ sting to pee. Bit of soreness in the vagina. Not weeing constantly  but the feeling is there. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Still no news on my scan date but should be in the next 2 weeks. No doctors appointments with my gp either in the near future (can book online).

Anxiety sure is making things worse. Rant over.
Really hope that you get things resolved soon. I have had a combination of frequently needing the loo but no relief from doing so and discomfort. At its worst, it was rather like the old  bad period pain which I haven't had for years (at least 5).

Blot

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 06:24:01 PM »

I'm almost hoping for fibroids or cysts tbh. Not sure if fibroids are possible post menopause though. Anything that might explain this, mad as it sounds.
Just had a nice bath - no bubbles - to try and sooth things x
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:26:32 PM by Blot »

Conolly

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »

Hello Blot,

I have fibroids and polyps. Fibroids are supposed to shrink with menopause, but mine are still there. They could affect the bladder if big enough to exert some pressure but I think cysts are more likely to be the culprit or as I said before, cystitis or VA. I am trying to drink water as much as possible and avoid thinking about it, it's amazing how the brain can focus on something and make it happen. The opposite must be true so try to distract your mind with other stuff.

Conolly X

Blot

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »

Thank you.
I have been wallowing in it today so that's probably why its been so bad  :'(

Been stressing about it for 6 weeks now so its time to get a grip and sort myself out.

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2018, 08:19:11 AM »

Hopefully not wallowing in wee ;-). 

Have you tried a pain relief medication?  I find that helps ease symptoms 4 me.

Blot

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »

Ha ha wallowing in doom and gloom CLKD. But yes I took a couple of ibuprofen last night and things did calm down thank you.
Today working on distracting myself. Not quite working as I'm on here again  :o

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »

You join in when you like.  Have you read round, we have a 'funny' room too  ;)

Don't forget to keep your eye out for that strange woman ........ as well as 'doing stupid things' - all in here somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6