Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Feel like I need to wee a lot  (Read 17016 times)

Blot

Re: Feel like I need to wee a lot
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 07:01:59 AM »

I had a good read of the bladder etc thread yesterday which was very interesting.
However, I'm not sure if VA fits with my symptoms. Mine can be intermittent and definitely seem to spike late afternoon/evening which is weird. Eg yesterday was at work, didn't eat breakfast and just sipped water all morning, didn't notice any pressure or need to go to toilet, but I was busy and distracted. Had lunch then a few hours later started feeling a few niggles, got home and it started again, feeling desperate to go for a few hours then it subsided a bit but the feeling of pressure and uncomfortableness was still there.

I've no idea what's going on. I am so anxious and focused on my bladder and all the associated feelings that I'm not sure if this is psychological. My husband thinks a lot of it is, he knows me too well!

Still no word about scan date. If the doc didn't notice a prolapse of some sort, is this something the scan would pick up? Desperate for answers as to what's going on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 10:17:19 AM »

Your bladder is being neglected!  The most important meal of any day is BREAKFAST!!! plus remaining hydrated.  If 1 denies the kidneys they will work harder .......... reproducing VA symptoms and is actually, dangerous.  Unless 1 has kidney disease, when the sufferer has to restrict fluids.

You need to take care of your over-all diet and health.  The body to a certain extent heals itself, often as we age it needs help.  Why no breakfast?  At least have plenty of liquids, buy a bottle with levels on it so that you can see what you are actually drinking.  Fluids are of course, squeezed from the diet too.

Blot

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 12:04:35 PM »

This isn't a new thing. I hardly ever eat breakfast and been this way since I was a kid. Unless I'm on holiday and can somehow wolf down a full English every day lol.
I sometimes have some milk but not much more. Just the way I am.

I also know how much liquids I am drinking. Had to measure all going in and out for the doc so know how much everything holds so I know I am drinking more than enough.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:08:41 PM by Blot »

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »

I hate that input and output scenario  ::).  However, with the more recent hot weather it's wise to keep a close eye ......... not literally of course
;-).

However ill I feel in the morning I have to eat.  Otherwise by 9.00 a.m. I would be flat out.  Not a pretty sight  :D

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 06:30:13 PM »

I had a good read of the bladder etc thread yesterday which was very interesting.
However, I'm not sure if VA fits with my symptoms. Mine can be intermittent and definitely seem to spike late afternoon/evening which is weird. Eg yesterday was at work, didn't eat breakfast and just sipped water all morning, didn't notice any pressure or need to go to toilet, but I was busy and distracted. Had lunch then a few hours later started feeling a few niggles, got home and it started again, feeling desperate to go for a few hours then it subsided a bit but the feeling of pressure and uncomfortableness was still there.

I've no idea what's going on. I am so anxious and focused on my bladder and all the associated feelings that I'm not sure if this is psychological. My husband thinks a lot of it is, he knows me too well!

Still no word about scan date. If the doc didn't notice a prolapse of some sort, is this something the scan would pick up? Desperate for answers as to what's going on.
I am replying because of your comment about psychological effects. I regularly get UTI/cystitis symptoms just before I am due to go on holiday. Part of the problem is that these symptoms crop up so suddenly and it is impossible to get a GP appointment at short notice or to get the urine tested. I think that some of it is in the mind. On 1 occasion i had discomfort on the plane and was sure it had come back but it cleared up all of a sudden. On my holiday in june, i had the same problem just before I went but it cleared up.  I am going away on saturday and my symptoms returned this weekend. I had a spare 3 day course of Trimethroprim so i started taking it. It has improved but not completely gone yet.
Another MM member mentioned that anti histamines can help with bladder irritation a little while ago. I looked this  up myself then and remembered it yesterday so I am trying it again now. Too early to say if it is working but i would rather use anti histamine than take a lot of Nurofen so it is worth a go.

Blot

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »

Thanks. I just don't know what's going on or what exactly I'm feeling down there.
Yesterday I was great in the morning, virtually no symptoms then again late afternoon it started again. Today I've been bad all day.

Its hard to describe the feeling. Sort of like a pressure/ need to wee and also a sort of soreness in the vagina, but I'm not sure about that. I'm definitely irritated down there but not itchy and if I go to the gp, I'm not sure what I would say. Is it pain or pressure? Aaaargh!!!
Going to be at least another 3 weeks till my scan so I'll have to tough it out then.

I find it hard to forget about it as I'm so uncomfortable  :'(
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:36:09 PM by Blot »

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 06:00:12 PM »

Get some VA treatment, what's to lose  :-\.  After 6 months of regular use you can then decided which symptoms continue.

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 08:52:45 PM »

Thanks. I just don't know what's going on or what exactly I'm feeling down there.
Yesterday I was great in the morning, virtually no symptoms then again late afternoon it started again. Today I've been bad all day.

Its hard to describe the feeling. Sort of like a pressure/ need to wee and also a sort of soreness in the vagina, but I'm not sure about that. I'm definitely irritated down there but not itchy and if I go to the gp, I'm not sure what I would say. Is it pain or pressure? Aaaargh!!!
Going to be at least another 3 weeks till my scan so I'll have to tough it out then.

I find it hard to forget about it as I'm so uncomfortable  :'(
  My problem is still ongoing and I have just about decided to cancel my holiday. The trimethroprim failed to work this time and the GP took a sample from me, tested it in the surgery and sent one away for analysis. She then gave me amoxycillin but it hasn't worked and the side effects have been really bad.  I have slept really badly the past 2 nights and I won't get the test result until next week. I am really uncomfortable and won't enjoy my trip when i don't know if it is an infection or not. I think it is though because I have been a bit feverish on and off.
I did ask at the end of the appt. about trying Vagifem  but will have to make another GP appt to discuss it further.  The  GP had never heard the name. She looked it up on her database and then recognised Estradiol.

Blot

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 06:00:06 AM »

Sorry you are feeling like this Katejo. Maybe it is an infection if you've been s bit  feverish?
I understand about the holiday too. I was supposed to be going away at end of October but don't want to now as I can think of nothing else but this. Haven't booked anything yet though.

I'm concerned about going back to my gp and asking for vagifem before I get my scan. Firstly she might refuse to do anything until other things are ruled out and secondly why didn't she think of this in the first place? Has she never heard of vagifem etc? Or does she think my symptoms dont fit with V,A. Could be my mentioning weight loss sent her on a diffrrent track.

I also don't want to tell her how to do her job, I don't want to appear like a know it all clever ****. And what if its not that at all and there is no explanation for my symptoms?

Totally fed up and as you can see I'm tying myself in knots stressing about this.

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 08:45:02 PM »

Sorry you are feeling like this Katejo. Maybe it is an infection if you've been s bit  feverish?
I understand about the holiday too. I was supposed to be going away at end of October but don't want to now as I can think of nothing else but this. Haven't booked anything yet though.

I'm concerned about going back to my gp and asking for vagifem before I get my scan. Firstly she might refuse to do anything until other things are ruled out and secondly why didn't she think of this in the first place? Has she never heard of vagifem etc? Or does she think my symptoms dont fit with V,A. Could be my mentioning weight loss sent her on a diffrrent track.

I also don't want to tell her how to do her job, I don't want to appear like a know it all clever ****. And what if its not that at all and there is no explanation for my symptoms?

Totally fed up and as you can see I'm tying myself in knots stressing about this.
  I think i understand how you are feeling. I am fed up about cancelling my Bologna trip but when I was there 3 years ago I had the same problem and ended up going to the hospital. They gave me a better AB but then decided to admit me overnight for gynaecological tests. I don't know what they were expecting to find but nothing came of it. I didn't want a similar experience this time!
I managed to see the GP again today. She didn't yet have my urine test result but will let me know on Monday. However she did agree to let me try Vagifem and has given me a first prescription. She wants me to wait before starting it until this episode is out of the way. In the past my practice has seemed to resist prescribing HRT so I was pleasantly surprised today.
I hope that things get better for you soon.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 02:52:05 AM »

NNNOOOOO - start the 'vagifem' it will ease symptoms.    Otherwise 'this' is unlikely to pass  ::)

Vaginal atrophy does not have to have any visible signs on examination.  Symptoms mimic urine infection-type feelings really well.  For me it's a feeling of a heavy belly below the button, the need to pee; often, spasm when the urine stops which nips - repeated anti-biotic treatment does nowt, particularly if the urine sample hasn't grown any bugs. 

I have used Ovestin with success.  Now if symptoms begin between treatments I use it even in the day, along with Nurofen to relax the muscles. 

Have a look at 'sylc' and 'yes' products - put the names into the search box to see what pops up.

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 09:16:09 AM »

NNNOOOOO - start the 'vagifem' it will ease symptoms.    Otherwise 'this' is unlikely to pass  ::)

Vaginal atrophy does not have to have any visible signs on examination.  Symptoms mimic urine infection-type feelings really well.  For me it's a feeling of a heavy belly below the button, the need to pee; often, spasm when the urine stops which nips - repeated anti-biotic treatment does nowt, particularly if the urine sample hasn't grown any bugs. 

I have used Ovestin with success.  Now if symptoms begin between treatments I use it even in the day, along with Nurofen to relax the muscles. 

Have a look at 'sylc' and 'yes' products - put the names into the search box to see what pops up.
I like your description of 'spasm when the urine stops'. That fits. I have 2 further questions for you. 1. As well as having the need to pee, do you find that little comes out and the feeling doesn't clear? That is relieved if I take Nurofen or paracetamol and then I pee normally.
2. I have also  had a slightly raised temperature (similar to what I might have with a  mild cold). This is what makes me think that it is still an infection. Do you ever get that as well?
I will look at 'sylc' and 'yes' products but I assume that they are prescription only as well?

Katejo

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2018, 11:20:48 AM »

Hi katejo CLKD is spot on with her advice,start the vagifem immediately and you will see results within a matter of days.do a two week load,one tablet each night for two weeks,then use them 2 or 3 times a week you will get so much relief from these symtoms if you do this.
Try and avoid any further antibiotic treatments unless you have conclusive proof you have an infection.Look on any of the bladder sites and you'll see how full of horror stories they are re overuse and inappropriate use of antibiotics.
Make sure your hygiene is spot on by washing after every bowel movement as ecoli is a tricky wee sod at travelling to your bladder and urethra so bottle wash everytime you go to the loo.
Cut out caffeine and fizzy drinks no coffee or acidic foods for a while and see how it goes but avoid those antibiotics as I said and go and enjoy your holiday day,Europe is much better equipt at dealing with these things than we are from my experience of living there so don't worry about anything.😘
No I won't be taking any new AB's but I will continue the current one until tomorrow and then stop (GP advice to continue for 5 days). The irritation is milder than earlier in the week which felt like an old style period pain.   I didn't have  a positive experience of treatment in Italy at all (long saga).

It is too late to go ahead with this trip now. I have already cancelled everything. Maybe I would have risked it if I had waited until today but I am not 100% sure about that. On a previous holiday several years ago I had this problem and had very frequent loo visits during the night. It was really hard because my local host had given me her bedroom and she was sleeping on the sofa in the living room. I had to disturb her each time I went to the bathroom. Very embarrassing!  I was due to have a new host this time and I didn't want to be a nuisance.
 I only have 1 small coffee a day max and that is caffeine free/low. i would find it very hard to cut that completely but I never drink fizzy drinks.

I do have a further mini 4 day Italy trip to Turin booked in October. I am determined to go on that one.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 02:58:14 PM »

MayB Katejo it's anxiety led?   The body gets tense, maybe you pass more urine which increases the feelings?  When I have had a bad panic attack I pee: every 10 mins.: LOTS of urine passed 4 about 2 hours after.   Nurofen does ease my symptoms.  How is it today?  Sorry about having to cancel the trip, Italy is on my Bucket List  :'( .....

until this episode is out of the way.  I would be asking how long I need to wait!  Without treatment symptoms may continue to niggle.  Obviously your GP ain't ever suffered  ;)

I really don't know how much food and drink impacts on the bladder, I can't cope with coffee: Love the smell but it makes me queasy  :D

Katejo

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 04:14:55 PM »

MayB Katejo it's anxiety led?   The body gets tense, maybe you pass more urine which increases the feelings?  When I have had a bad panic attack I pee: every 10 mins.: LOTS of urine passed 4 about 2 hours after.   Nurofen does ease my symptoms.  How is it today?  Sorry about having to cancel the trip, Italy is on my Bucket List  :'( .....

until this episode is out of the way.  I would be asking how long I need to wait!  Without treatment symptoms may continue to niggle.  Obviously your GP ain't ever suffered  ;)

I really don't know how much food and drink impacts on the bladder, I can't cope with coffee: Love the smell but it makes me queasy  :D
I am sure that it is at least partly anxiety led. I need the loo more frequently when I am nervous about something on a particular day (but without persistent discomfort over a period). These symptoms always come back just before i am due to go away! I am feeling a lot better today though the symptoms haven't gone completely. If i hadn't cancelled my flight yesterday, I might have gone today.....    However I felt that I had to let the language school in Italy know by yesterday because of an email about the teaching programme  which I got during the week. Also I didn't want to keep my friend waiting until the last minute. Next time i will ignore it and go...    Anyway I have found something else positive to get done this coming week so I will think about that now.
I highly recommend Italy for trips and don't just concentrate on the really big tourist towns like Florence and Rome. Bologna is excellent for a short break and also places like Siena , the Cinqua Terra and the Amalfi coast. Plenty more. I haven't been everywhere. I want to see Puglia but it isn't good for public transport and that is why I still haven't been there as I don't drive.

I will continue the AB until Monday when I see the GP. As things have now improved, it might be doing some good and the awful side effects which I had on Wed-Friday have worn off now. The GP only meant for me to wait until i get my urine test result and finish the AB to start the Vagifem. I am happy to do that now because the symptoms are so much better today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6