Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can we talk poo !!!  (Read 6239 times)

Blot

Re: Can we talk poo !!!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 05:53:42 PM »

Thanks CLKD. You're a star  :). How do you know this stuff?

Funny I ready on an IBS site that small bits were good. Makes sense about the extra liquid. Hopefully I'm panicking about nowt.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 07:09:44 PM »

Sounds like you may be but if you go on worrying without expressing your concerns, you won't learn owt!  I am a medical secretary who asks questions ;-). 

MayB keep a note of each bowel movement and the look of the poo.  See if it's relevant to anything you have ingested. 

What's the worst that could happen?

Blot

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »

Back to normal these past 3 days so logically there can't be much wrong?

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 08:09:23 PM »

Logic can fly out the window though!  What you changed in the last 3/4 days?

I remember many years ago when Lynn Folds-Wood had cancer.  She encouraged people to talk poo.  That's when the Consultant mentioned about floating poo .........

Blot

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 08:32:34 AM »

The answer to that one is lentils CLKD and veggies.
Asked doc about it today and she said if it goes on for more than 4 weeks they would look for things such as bleeding, mucous and other stuff I can't remember but which I didn't have. And to keep an eye on it. So I'm taking that to be a good sign.

I did mention being anxious as well which I think she said can affect things.
I don't feel much relieved tbh.  My anxiety levels are high at the moment and I did feel rushed in the appointment.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 11:00:05 AM »

What is the worst that could be wrong?  Your GP is doing a watch and wait, did she suggest that you keep a diary of what you eat and how you feel? 

Havne't had lentils for years but I LOVE roasted veg..  Himself cooks them when he roasts a trout: sweet potato, parsnips, red beets, potatoes ..... and any left over is eaten cold the next day. 

Extra liquids as well as exercise can alter bowel movements 4 me.  When I walked my dog for miles++ she would eat more but poo less.  Like she was burning up the food properly.  We walked miles on Friday in warm sunshine and the next day  :o  ;D

Blot

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »

Well CLKD the big C. That's at the root of all my HA worries.
Nope she didn't really discuss anything tbh. Just talked through the scan results, handed me a prescription and that was it.

I know I'm being silly but I suppose I wanted her to say, dont worry it sounds fine to me. But its "just keep an eye on things".  That's my skewed interpretation of events.

If I hadn't been so wound up over my bladder issues I probably wouldn't even have been so bothered about the poo thing, but I'm extra sensitive at the moment and my thoughts are running away with me. Flippin anxiety.

I do go on don't I?  :o

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 03:07:37 PM »

Yep  ;D ........ that's what we are here for, to listen, advise, encourage etc..  If your GP had been worried you would have a referral to the appropriate clinic or a test kit.  However, 'keep an eye on things' when it regards bottom issues perhaps isn't the best phase to use  ;)  :whist: .....

The big 'C' is common. All over the body in humans and animals.  It is talked about.  But from what you have said you don't appear to have symptoms of what might become a problem.  Do you worry about the surgery, anaesthetic, dying?  I worry about not being pain free at the end and there are procedures that I would try to avoid!

Keep that record!?!

Blot

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »

Will do CLKD.

Some gps  just haven't got a good bedside manner, so to speak. Just a few little  words of reassurance make all the difference to an anxious patient.

I worry about every aspect of C. Tests, surgery, treatment, all of it.
There is heart disease in my family but heart stuff just never bothers me. That's what will probably get me in the end lol.

Thank you. I know I'm a pita (no pun intended) but I appreciate your patience x

And sorry Clio, I've well and truly knicked your thread.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:03:58 PM by Blot »

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »

Oh I don't have patience, that gene missed me completely  :D but I can try to relieve worries as I know that logic goes out the window, particularly in the early hours  :-\

I used to worry about treatment but most people find that they actually cope if faced with issues, especially if the Surgeon and his Staff are supportive.  However, you aren't there!
Pages: 1 [2]