Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1094 times)

Blot

Hi everyone
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:53:53 PM »

Hello everyone. I came across this site when googling about bladder issues and the menopause so would like to join in and get some advice and support.
I'm nearly 54 and had my last period 8 years ago now so does that make me post menopausal? I've gone through the hot flushes, which luckily for me weren't too bad but other things are cropping up too and I'm getting extremely anxious and upset about all things bladder related, which is my main problem.
 I do suffer from anxiety and have done for many years, so the anxiety is not menopause related, but would love to chat and hear other people's experiences and basically not to feel so alone. I will post on the other section when I have a moment.

Regards, Blot.

Cazikins

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »

:welcomemm:

I would say you are over the worst if you have gone 8 years w/out a period, unless you have the mirena coil fitted that is (as that can sometimes stop your periods altogether).

I had a lot of anxiety in my 50's & HRT helped. I feel I am over the worst now (aged 61) & things are a whole lot better than they were a few years ago.

This forum has helped me so much over the last 11 years with advise & support so stay with us & keep asking away.

Cazikins x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »

Are you able to describe your bladder 'problems'?

Do have a read of the threads relating to vaginal atrophy.  This condition can mimic irritable bladder and urine infection-type symptoms really well.  There is appropriate treatment which eases symptoms.

Browse round.  Make notes. 

Did you need anti-anxiety treatment?  This may be something to consider as hormonal upheaval can make anxiety worse. 

Blot

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »

Thanks for replying and thanks for the welcome. This seems like a lovely friendly place and I'm sure I will be bending your ears for a while to come.

I've had anxiety for many years, well before the menopause but it has been a lot worse during it, I must admit. As for antidepressants, that's a whole other route that I have mostly avoided but feel it might now be the time to take them. That's what I always say but never do it!

I've done an overly detailed post in one of the other sections about my bladder problems but vaginal atrophy is something I will mention when I next see the docs. After my scan that will be.

Roseneath

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »

Hi Blot. I joined the forum last year and it has been a godsend. I dip in and out depending on my mood. I will post that I am feeling much better only to have a slump the next week. Peri is a rollercoaster of emotion that is for sure. I have only just found a GP (My 7th I've tried) who seems to understand; probably because she is late 40s herself.   Anxiety has been the worst for me, totally immobilising some days. I think the trick is to find a coping mechanism . There are some great tips on the site. But recognise that there is no magic pill as no one of the hundreds on here has found a route that is 100% for them all the time.  I too have hovered about taking ADs, I seem to be up and down no matter what regime I am on. Welcome anyway.  We are all in the same boat here.