Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feel like my body is falling apart  (Read 1330 times)

Cally

Feel like my body is falling apart
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »

Hi everyone
I don't know what's happening to me. My muscles and joints seem to be so weak and useless.  I am on day 2 of my period which was late (37 days) it's not too much of a period as it's really light and bleeding has stopped today. I have been tested several times and show low in estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. 

Would being low in these impact upon my skeleton? I feel like I am falling apart? My back is going out at the silliest thing. I can't pick up a kettle or a pint of milk with out injuring my neck muscles. Also my ankles keep hurting as if I have stumbled and sprained them which I haven't.

I have tried massaging and stretching but the muscles are so tight and clenched it doesn't make any difference.

I am on holiday with my 8 year old Godson and I feel like my body is letting me down as I cannot do anything and in turn my hubby is doing things on his own. We have just fostered my godson and wuite frankly I need to be fit and healthy to be able to look after him and I am worried about coping at the moment.  Everything is seizing up.  I have bought some vit D, b12 sprays and some magnesium but it's not helped.

Is this likely to be Perimenopause and low levels. My estrogen level was under the normal range so was the testosterone. I keep thinking what else could it be.

Thank you for any advice or thoughts you can give me.
Cally :)

AgathaC

Re: Feel like my body is falling apart
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 11:23:12 AM »

Hi Cally, how old are you?
Go and have a look on the 34 Menopause Symptoms website, particularly 7 and 26.
I suspect (but obviously don't know) that your hormones could be the culprit.
Someone else with more experience is bound to comment soon.
I take those supplements and am also unsure whether they help or not xx

Snoooze

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:00:17 PM »

When I felt like that it was down to low Vitamin D. 3 times I have had supplements for it and I start to feel better but it's not long before it comes back. Even with the fantastic weather we have had I still feel like I am low in it again so will have to go for another blood test. When I'm low in it I have low mood, fatigue, joint aches particularly in lower back and hip.

Ask your GP to test your Vit D level.

Cally

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »

Thanks both for replying. I am 49 but feel 80! Lol. I will check out the list. 

I had low vit D but have supplemented. My level is 175 now and the doctor has said to stop taking it. So I had but I just bought a spray from Holland and Barrett to try but not sure to have it every day if my level is good. 

Snoooze

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »

175 is good. Mine was 29!

All you are experiencing are standard symptoms of peri but they just come and go or else you get used to them!

Cally

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 11:50:11 PM »

My vit D was 6 when it was first tested. I have mild osteopenia which I think the low D contributed to.

Some of the symptoms I could cope with but this unstable skeleton feeling is awful. Tonight I cricked my neck by just turning my head and it feels strange all down my back and into my left leg. I wonder if her would help with this. Thank you for words of advice :)