Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Breast lump update  (Read 1457 times)

ban-sithe

Breast lump update
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:11:15 PM »

On an earlier thread in July, I chipped in that I had noticed what I thought might be a lump, wasn't sure and made an appointment.  Now kicking myself as I first noticed something in May, went to see the nurse because I wasn't sure I was doing a breast check properly.  Like another poster, I left with an explanation and leaflet...but was I assertive and did I ask her to check...? Of course not!  Just back from seeing her again and been referred to the breast clinic.

Freaking out over her ticking the 'suspected breast cancer' box, although as she said, we just don't know.  Trying to comfort myself that it's always been 1. mobile 2. quite sore 3. possibly does alter depending on my cycle, although not 100% sure and 4. the statistics.

OH and I have decided making blackberry jam is probably a good way to spend the evening. 

Thank you for being here and listening. Really scared and know there are other people out there in the same boat facing this on their own.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast lump update
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:38:33 PM »

In the great scheme of things even if it is cancer it probably doesn't make much difference of a few weeks. 

What is the time wait for the clinic appt.?  Could you have a cancellation if someone didn't turn up?

Woodlands

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 12:23:54 PM »

Hi there.
I have had breast lumps x3 times over the years, always the same breast but in different places, had biopsies by needle too.
All turned out to be fine. Fast tracked by GPS usually so you will get an appointment within two weeks.
All the best
Woodlands x

Tiddles

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 01:17:03 PM »

Hi.   :foryou: . Try not to panic. The chances are against it being anything sinister.  Like Woodlands I've been referred for several breast lumps over the years, in different places and different in how they felt - a soft large lump to the side one time, a hard, round pee sized lump under the nipple another time.  All turned out to be benign. Post away whenever you feel scared, there are so many lovely people on here, all here for one another.  Feeling alone is the pits.  You're not alone x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 01:38:48 PM »

Gone  :-\