Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How long?  (Read 1579 times)

Debsxx

• First Flush
How long?
« on: August 16, 2018, 07:37:09 AM »

Hi, I have been trying to cope with the menopause for over 2 years with herbal tablets and the lady care magnet. Things were okay until about 4 months ago when symptoms were getting worse and the hot flushes getting worse so after several visits to the menopause nurse I have started on hrt patches Evorel conti. My question is how long before I actually start to feel better in myself please if anyone else is in these? Thank you xx

Dotty

Re: How long?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:49:19 AM »

Hi the general advice is that hrt can take 3 months to see the full effect, but you should hopefully see some improvement in 4 - 6 weeks.  I started on oral hrt and the hot flushes during the day stopped after 3.5 weeks.

Are you post menopausal? When was your last period? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 01:28:51 PM »

Once hormones get uppity any benefit from herbals etc. may be lost.  As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry, so do read our threads about vaginal atrophy, also muscles may become lax = aches and pains!

3-4 months - the body doesn't get where it is suddenly so needs to uptake HRT at a time when hormones are not stable.

Debsxx

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 04:28:51 PM »

I have the marina coil so no idea when last period was. Few spots about 5 months ago and a bleed 11 months before then. Menopause nurse says I am past peri stage. This is not a nice experience so hoping these will give me some quality of life again as the exhaustion and aching have been just awful and now the flushing is so often too!

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »

Hi if you've got a Mirena coil then you only need to add oestrogen. By using Evorel Conti you are adding progesterone that you don't need. How long have you had the coil ? If it's within the last 4 years then you can just use an oestrogen patch or gel.

Debsxx

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »

It's over 5 years, they said to leave it in place for another 2 years and that this patch was suitable as the marina would not be giving out any hormones anymore or only slight. It's so confusing! I hope this info is right?? You trust these people!

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 06:04:50 AM »

Hi Debs yes as the Mirena is over 5 years old then it's not suitable for hrt. So the patches are right x

Claire75

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »

Hi everyone, my first time on here and a little nervous. I too have started everol conti, st the moment feeling really down and shaky! Any advice gratefully excepted

Robin

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 08:55:35 AM »

Hi Claire, there are lots of lovely ladies here all eager to help where we can. It might be a good idea to start a new thread if you can on new members as you will be less likely to be accidentally missed. Have you been a year without periods as you are using conti patches?

Robin
X

littleminnie

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 11:58:10 AM »

When I started Everol Conti the flushes went completely after 2 weeks.  I went from having them every 20 minutes to none. Other systems started to go bit by bit after about 3 months.