Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Everol conti and bleeding  (Read 1046 times)

Almacfarlane

Everol conti and bleeding
« on: August 14, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »

Hi ladies I'm wondering if anyone can help? I was diagnosed with POF in Jan this year and was immediately put on 5omg patch along with having the merena Coyle in. The patch wasn't help most Of my symptoms therefore was increased to 75mg in April. So when I increases my patch I started having monthly periods on the conti along with bleeding for the last 3 week's. It's more settled now but I'm still having spotting now and then so informed clinic when I was there last week and they have advised I may need further investigation and took my bloods etc but haven't heard back. But What I'm wondering is this happened to anyone else? Thanks xx

Hurdity

Re: Everol conti and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:20:11 AM »

:welcomemm: Almacfarlane

Unfortunately your post got missed - holiday season and all that!

Any bleeding is likely when you first start continuous combined HRT or the Mirena coil and your bleeding is most likely due to the increased oestrogen. Depending on your age and period pattern, it can sometimes happen that ovarian function spontaneously resumes even after POF - so I understand, although I'm not sure how often this is known to occur? You should be able to phone up and get the results of your bloods and you can ask them at the same time what the next stage of any investigation will be.

How old are you and how long without periods before starting the HRT? Ah - if you've had the Mirena coil in for some time (before you started the patches) then you won't know where you are in menopause re your cycle? I presume then thast POF was diagnosed on the basis of two blood tests but I am interested to know what symptoms prompted you to have tests  - if you have had the Mirena coil in for contraception anyway.

Hurdity x