Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Digestive enzymes  (Read 1796 times)

shrosphirelass

Digestive enzymes
« on: October 27, 2018, 04:23:38 PM »

I have ongoing digestive problems that are being investigated and I have tried modifying my diet. Some days are better than others and I can't see anything much food related. I keep seeing digestive enzymes mentioned in posts, can anyone fill me in what these are. I have started eating bio yoghurts.

Dancinggirl

Re: Digestive enzymes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »

If you look up the NHS Choices website and search for digestive problems it does mention about digestive enzymes. Beano is the brand that is mentioned as something some people find beneficial but it is very expensive and I've found a good alternative that works well for me. If you message me I can give you the details.
DG x

BlueButterfly

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:29:53 PM »

They help break down the food you eat. Your body makes them but sometimes you need a little extra (times of stress and even aging). They help your body get the nutrients out of food and can take some stress off your digestive system, give it a little bit of a break. Very useful when you are trying to heal your gut in my experience.

BlueBird

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 01:35:59 PM »

If you look up the NHS Choices website and search for digestive problems it does mention about digestive enzymes. Beano is the brand that is mentioned as something some people find beneficial but it is very expensive and I've found a good alternative that works well for me. If you message me I can give you the details.
DG x

Hi Dancinggirl! I don't know if you're still around here, I'm new and can't figure out how to message people! Doh! Is there any chance you could share your alternative that works for you, with me? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! And, hope you're well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 02:18:14 PM »

New Members can't send PMs until they have been involved on the Forum for a certain number of posts.

You can find out recent action from Members by going to the Members box - white on blue back ground - press 'go' and go into the alphabet. Clear as mud?