Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fluxoetine  (Read 1325 times)

Baz

Fluxoetine
« on: February 10, 2022, 03:57:18 PM »

Hi all
Anybody on fluoxetine 20mg, if so how long before you notice a change, this is my 4th week and haven't seen any great changes, I know it say 6 weeks, but getting a bit fed up feeling low in mornings

Songbird

Re: Fluxoetine
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 07:23:46 PM »

Hi Baz
I was on fluoxetine (same dose as you) for, probably 6-8 weeks but it had absolutely no affect on my anxiety.  I have since discovered that it’s normally prescribed for low mood/depression and not anxiety  :-\ but I couldn’t really comment on that.  I just know that it did nothing for me.
I have, therefore, swapped to sertraline.  This has definitely had a positive effect on my anxiety - one down side is the side effect of periodic bouts of diarrhoea  ??? 
 :bighug:

CherrySG

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 08:29:21 PM »

Hi, I've just tried Fluoxetine for 7 weeks, then had to go back on a micro dose of citalopram. The Fluoxetine didn't help my low mood, but I recently became hypomanic on it,  and also on 10mg citalopram, so I may have bipolar 2, which I'm currently managing on 1mg citalopram for now. Fingers crossed I stay stable as I really don't fancy the drugs for bipolar.  :o

I hope they work for you, it's wonderful when the stuff starts to make us feel better at last. But if they don't work, there are loads of others to try.  I bet Reddit has some good user reviews for Fluoxetine, it's a great resource for people's experiences with AD's.

Chris

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 05:10:26 PM »

Hi. I took my third fluoxetine this morning on the start to my 6 month course. Last night was the first night in years I didn’t have any night sweats just a couple of warm moments. Woke up a fair bit as I have been doing but went straight back to sleep. Hoping this is start of good things. Didn’t expect much to happen so soon so was pleasantly surprised. Good luck