Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gotta laugh or you'd cry  (Read 3896 times)

CarryWarry

Gotta laugh or you'd cry
« on: August 12, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »

Well don't laugh, but as my headaches have now been daily for over 2 years I just thought I'd check my Thyroid's ok !!  Just did a home tester kit which showed it was fine.  Oh the joys of being in the menopause and spending pennies constantly to try and sort yourself out!  My kit was only cheap off Amazon but if I tot up what I've spent over two years I realise I could have had quite a nice holiday on the money spent!!!  The brain scans were the most expensive, so I guess I shouldn't complain about a cheap tester kit.  :D :P :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gotta laugh or you'd cry
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »

R U in the UK?

Headaches can be caused when the body is dehydrated.  I have been on betablocka medication for several years and had to cut from 40 at night to 20mg night and morning due to background morning headaches.  I then stopped the morning 20mg and am OK with 20mg at night.  If I sleep too heavily I wake feeling leaden, hung over with a background headache.

Have you tried an over-the-counter pain relief or is the headache more severe?  Also, if someone has taken pain relief for years, they may develop what is known as a bounce back headache  ::)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 04:23:31 PM »

Dehydration seems to effect a lot of health issues. I'm noticeably more hungry / dizzy / nauseous when I drink less

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »

Apparently some think that the body is hungry when they are dehydrated.