Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estriol cream  (Read 1257 times)

Otter15

Estriol cream
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »

Hi everyone. I have been given estriol cream to replace Vagifem. Apparently my atrophy is low down so the Vagifem isn't doing the job properly. Any advice on the best way to use it would be greatly appreciated.

grumpyjane

Re: Estriol cream
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:59:33 PM »

Apparently my atrophy is low down
Of course it's low down! Any lower and it would be atrophy of the legs.  ::) Sorry, not getting at you...
Vagifem works from the inside, gradually plumping and hydrating all the tissues "down there". Thousands of women use Vagifem successfully. Estriol will work too, just push a blob up as far as it will go and smear some outside too. I use it every night.
J x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 12:22:52 AM »

You could try both, I use Vagifem plus Ovestin on the outer bits.

Otter15

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 04:52:57 AM »

Sorry I wasn't very clear. The atrophy I have is localised in one particular spot and is low down in my vagina. I've been struggling with vagifem, even one a day and now have atrophic vaginitis. The gynaecologist said the cream will be more effective for me. How much do you use on the outside. The amount in the tube seems quite a lot. Do I need to use it higher up as well as lower down? I thought I'd understood at the hospital but now I'm not so sure. I've only ever used Vagifem.

Otter15

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 07:20:33 AM »

Hi Daisydot. Yes, that is where she said it is. She told me to stop using Vagifem and just use the cream. Do you slap it on the outside or use it sparingly? Do you use it higher up or concentrate it lower down as that's where the atrophy is? Thanks for your help.

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 09:23:35 AM »

I'd use both vagifem and the cream if I were you.

If you carry on with the vagifem try inserting half way up towards tummy button, that's helped me in and out x

Otter15

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »

Thanks as always for your advice. I'll give it a go.