Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Thrush 😦  (Read 2249 times)

geminizb

Thrush 😦
« on: August 06, 2018, 08:15:26 PM »

So I'm having a rough few weeks.
I ended up with bacterial vaginosis ! God knows how so had a crazy course of metronidazole to clear that up.
Then I got bitten by a horse fly and it became infected so i ended up on 2000mcg of flucloxacilin per day for 7 days. And now I've got terrible thrush  :-\
I'm using canestan cream and I've had the fluconazole tablet.
My bits are so bloody sore I could cry !!
Any advice please - I daren't put anything else down there as I'm so sensitive. I use sanex soap free and fragrance free body washes😦

Dancinggirl

Re: Thrush 😦
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:12:51 PM »

After all that treatment your gut and vaginal flora will be completely out of balance. Cut out as much sugar as possible, eat higly nutritious, fresh foods, avoid caffeine, fruit juices and alcohol. Let the air get to your intimate area - so wear skirts and try to go without pants when possible.
Drink lots of water.
Get some Vagifem local oestrogen  from the GP and buy some vaginal moisturiser ( SYLK or the YES products are the best) to use daily.
Multi Gyn Actigel is very good at restoring the flora balance.
Stop using the Caneston - it will make you very sore. Multi Gyn Actigel will prevent and treat BV and thrush.
DGx

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:00:51 PM »

Good post from Dancinggirl. Just to add a couple of things: Yes and Sylk are more easily available online, so if you cannot get either of them otc immediately, try a little organic coconut oil applied to the intimate area. It is quite soothing and is said to have antifungal properties. It is readily available from health food shops. Also, try not to get water between the labia as this washes away the good bacteria and will upset the microbiome again. Showers are better than baths.

Hope you get some relief soon.
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 10:18:49 PM »

Yoghurt.  LIVE.  Greek - eaten and applied  ;)

I used this prior to surgical interventions 3 times - eating lots off a spoon 4-5 days prior to the operations.  It stopped any thrush as it cleanses the gut from top to bottom.

Also, make sure that you clean properly - front to back! as thrust lives in the back passage  ;)

geminizb

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 07:39:07 AM »

Thanks everyone
I have used the balance active BV Gel. No improvement.
I'm feeling very ropey this morning lower back ache and pressure when I pee. Hoping it's not now a water infection as I really don't want anymore anti biotics !
I'm on the oestrogen gel as hrt - how would the vagifem help and would the gp prescribe me this as I'm on oestrogel as hrt.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 08:01:56 AM »

Yes Vagifem would help over time and many women need systemic and local oestrogen together. I didn't get on with Balance active - do try MultyGyn Actigel ( buy online). Nine of these treatment will work straight a at - it takes at least a week to work it's magic and restore the balance. I use a good dollop of Multi Gyn 2-3 times a day for 3-5 days when I feel the flora balance is off (itchy, sore, strange smell, watery discharge etc). Nothing his going to work instantly either - it will take some time for things to settle.

I do think you need to get a urine sample to the GP for testing though,  just in case. Please do that today.
Have you been drinking a glass of water with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda 2-3 times a day and then lots of water in between? In this hot weather we are far more prone to infection around the vagina, bladder and urethra.
No tight clothing , feet up when possibly and let the air to your ‘lady bits'
DG x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »

'none'  ;) predictive text!

How is it this morning?

geminizb

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »

So I took a urine sample into the gp. The dipstick didn't show much but she's sent it away - results tomorrow.
She's recommended acidophilus and said if I'm no better in a couple of days to go back. Also if the urine culture shows something she will call me.
I'm just about to order all you've recommended online.
And buy some yoghurt !!
My bits are just so bloody sensitive at the moment  :(

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »

Well done! at least the sample will be grown which can take up to 5 days.

geminizb

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »

Thank god for Amazon prime ! I ordered the YES organic and multi gyn actigel.
Both arrive tomorrow  ;D
I'm drinking plenty of water and going commando in a maxi dress 😂😂

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 10:50:34 PM »

Refreshing?