Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1026 times)

Nik2502

Hello
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:26:39 AM »

Hi

I'm Nicola and I'm 48 years old. I started peri age 36 after an ectopic pregnancy. I've been on HRT since 2010 and recently changed from Femeston 2/10 to Evorel 75 with progesterone.

I've always been sensitive to hormones suffering from PMT, PND and now menopausal depression.

I've joined the forum in hope of meeting other ladies in a similar situation and any advice available.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Nic x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 10:28:23 AM »

:welcomemm:

You have been through a difficult time!  Your GP should have started you on HRT at 36 - do read the Daisy web-site, details on here.  It is about protecting heart and bones  ::)

Browse round.   Make notes.

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 01:03:06 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I've learnt more on this site than anywhere else! X

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 05:30:47 PM »

Hi Nik
I was new to the site in the last fortnight and I too am sensitive to hormones PND, PMT and defo menopausal depression.
The ladies here have been brill and I have learnt loads of things which have helped me understand my situation better.  The best thing about it is you can just pour out how you feel or ask questions and someone will give their opinio or know exactly what your experiencing.

Ask away or jump right in on any of the conversations about depression or treatment or even just join in with the This or That or the Gardening sections if you are feeling lonely - its a godsend.

AgathaC

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 07:01:55 PM »

Hi Nik, lovely to meet you. Sorry to hear about your difficult experiences.
I'm very new too and I've found this forum has got me through some long anxious nights recently.
You will definitely meet some kindred spirits in similar situations and you will also find guidance from very experienced ladies.
This whole perimenopause experience (I'm 46) has made me feel like a different person and the ladies here are making me feel like I'm not quite so alone. The advice and knowledge is invaluable and much more helpful than any book or other website xx