Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem reload not helping  (Read 1826 times)

Peripurple

Vagifem reload not helping
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:45:57 PM »

Hi I have recently done a reload of Vagifem, I use it every other day anyway, and am on systemic hrt as well.  However this recent flare up does not seem to be responding.  I also use Actigel, Sylk and a probiotic.  I am 42 and my primary symptom is VA, I get burning, itching, and i have bladder problems.  I can't tolerate oestrogen creams.  Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated. Or even if this has happened and you found it settled down.  I'm so worried this is never going to improve.  I also wondered if the reload could have irritated me further but haven't found this before.  I'm at a loss  :(

Dierdre

Re: Vagifem reload not helping
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 09:41:52 PM »

Try using everyday until it settles and then go back to your maintenance dose. I use every day now plus Ovestin on the outside and still get a flare up now and then, usually caused by stress. Make sure you drink plenty of water so you don't get dehydrated. Don't worry it will improve.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:42:47 PM »

To get my VA under control I was told to use two Vagifem daily for two weeks, what systemic HRT are you using?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 10:47:25 PM »

I would suggest every night plus one on alternate mornings and see if that eases symptoms.

Peripurple

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:22:28 AM »

Hi Tinkerbell, I have just changed from Femoston 2/10 to femseven sequi

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 08:47:05 AM »

Don't use Multi Gyn everyday - too acidic. I also find that Vagifem can make me burn a bit if I use it too often. Use more SYLK and perhaps some coconut oil as well.
Perhaps reduce back to every other night for Vagifem. Drink lots of water ( no caffeine, fruit juices or alcohol)
And bath with water that has bicarbonate of soda in it. Put you feet up for an hour midday, I find this takes the pressure off the urethra and eases the burning. 
Also, try to relax your pelvic floor more - when it's burning you will probably be clenching more and this doesn't help. Learning to relax the pelvic flora is as important as exercising it to keep it strong. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 04:23:02 PM »

If you still encounter problems despite trying what Dancinggirl suggests - you could always try the Estring which delivers a higher dose of estradiol without all the fillers ans having to insert the vagifem + applicator. Also have a look at Maryjane's posts and Dancinggirl's long running thread in Private Lives - The Burning Club.

I always get bladder problems (increased frequency and bladder pressure) the day I insert the Vagifem and I've no idea whether it is the action of inserting the applicator or the initial burst of fillers from the tablet.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »

When I apply the Ovestin I have a surge of symptoms the next day so try not to put it in if we are going away from the house  ::).  I need to be close to a loo.

Peripurple

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 07:21:49 AM »

Thankyou that's really helpful.  It's just so difficult when feel you finally have things under control, and then you get a flare up again. 

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »

Hormones rise and fall.  Bugga ...........