Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tear and soreness -you know where  (Read 2863 times)

Ambergirl

Tear and soreness -you know where
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:52:04 PM »

Hi Ladies,

some advice please if any of you would be so kind. I had a sore patch and went to the GP who said it looked like a scratch or some kind of trauma and to use Vaseline/sudocrem on it. Well, that was earlier this week and now I have small red line, like a tear right at the bottom and it stings like anything. I did ask the GP if this was VA and she said no but did take a swab to check for any nasties and I have another appointment on Weds next week.
It is not caused by sex (I should be so lucky) and I am not on HRT as yet. Not had a period since April - I'm 52. I have been doing more exercise over the last couple of weeks but this is usually on the treadmill or the seated bike so no 'chafing' I think.
Any suggestions as to what I could use to help the healing process? Or to prevent it happening again? Is this really the time to bite the bullet and try some HRT I wonder?
 :o

Taz2

Re: Tear and soreness -you know where
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 04:27:38 PM »

Although Sudocrem may be helpful this is exactly how my VA started and even now if I'm late changing my HRT patch the skin splits around the perineum. I would urge you to return to your GP and ask for a topical oestrogen such as Vagifem. It's really worth doing this sooner rather than later.

Taz x

Ambergirl

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 04:42:25 PM »

Thanks Taz,

It feels like it is burning down there and I have put on some more sudocrem and got some YES moisturiser to see if that calms things down but I think I will ask about the topical treatments too. Another joy of this time of life ::) Thanks for the advice and your own experience.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:37:55 PM »

Hi Ambergirl - if you are on a seated exercise bike then if you have any sort of VA ie thinning of the tissues then this is likely to be aggravated by cycling. I am on systemic HRT and Vagifem but when I cycle (like I did recently for a few days) it still causes soreness!!! I agree with Taz - do go and ask the doc for some topical oestrogen. If you haven't had a period since April and they are generally petering out then lack of oestrogen is the most likely cause.

Hurdity x

Ambergirl

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

thanks for the advice. I steered well clear of the bikes today and focused on the treadmill as I have to lose about a stone and a half of menopause flab :'(

When I go to the Dr should I ask for Vagifem or is there any other type I might be given - is one better than another? I am in Cumbria so I am not sure what our county has as guidelines. I know that when I went to the Dr initially I had a blood test and was told it was a lot different to my one last year so I was asked if I wanted to try HRT. I asked for patches (due to being overweight) but I still haven't tried them as it panics me that I might be feel worse and actually tbh I feel good in myself apart from the unhappy vj!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »

I use Vagifem and also get Ovestin cream for the outside bits, I would really get on some treatment now as it will only get worse. I use an exercise bike most days and had to give it up until treatment was working, I also can relate to the sore split skin🙁

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »

Patches are normally recommended if you are carrying a bit of extra weight, but if your only symptom is soreness I would try topical estrogen first and see if that helps.

Sooze

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 01:51:58 PM »

Another vote for Ovestin cream for the outside.  Vagifem helped inside but not outside. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »

Ovestin from me too  :thankyou:

Savlon.  KY Jelly.  Vaseline.  Anything to keep the area moist.  The tissues may have become thinner so split quite easily  :o.  Do ask your GP for VA treatment.  Any arguments, send her to us ;-)

Ambergirl

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:30 PM »

Hi Ladies,

so I have got the Ovestin cream. It's a tiny tube with a HUGE applicator that I wasn't expecting. So, my question is can I just use a little on the outer bits that are sore or do I have to go with the instructions about applying it internally? I am still using moisturisers but the outer bits and just going into vj have some red patches still that I know are causing me the issue.
Any advice from those of you who have used this would be helpful to me. Ta :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 07:34:29 PM »

Use on the outer lips if you are too sore for insertion.  A little several times a day for 2-3 then try using the applicator.  The higher up you can get the cream, the better you will eventually feel.

Keep it moist! inside and out.