Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How do they abuse you?  (Read 1626 times)

sofasurfer

How do they abuse you?
« on: August 06, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »

I'm starting this thread because it seems it happens too far frequently.
I'm talking about surgery receptioninsts, doctors...what tactics they use to abuse you?
There isn't much point in complaining as the abuse either gets worse or even you get de-registered from the surgery.

1. When I submit my repeat prescription and ask it to be sent to the pharmacy, they often don't issue it so that I have to go back to the surgery and repeat the process before I get my prescription. Going backs and forwards is the last thing you want to be doing when you are not well.

2. This happened yesterday actually. You rang up for an appointment but told that the doctor is going on holiday from the weekend and he is fully booked. So I'd attend a walk-in clinic with another doctor and only to be told that there are spots available the next day.  ::)

3. You are sure that you have xyz and asks for a test but they will tell you that you don't have it. You'd practically have to beg before you can be referred to. And when you get there you are given the diagnosis which you suspected for years.

4. They give you wrong medication because it's either cheap or profitable. A kind of example would be, you are depressed because you have vitamin D/B12 etc but they are very quick to prescribe you with anti-depressant when in fact what you needed was vitamins.

I'm have met wonderful consultants and therapist so not all are terrible but clearly I have not much faith in the medical profession. If you go into the hospital for anything minor...you could come out in a coffin.

Dierdre

Re: How do they abuse you?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »

I used to go to a similar surgery so changed to a better one, if you're not happy or getting a good service register somewhere else. I'm glad I did.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »

I began a similar thread this week ............ I wouldn't call it abuse, simply no forward thinking! 

We all like to be listened to.  Valued.  Without being judged.  We should be beyond the "I know better than you" from the medical profession, even though it's our bodies that we have lived with for years?!?

I keep meaning to make an appt with the Practice Manager [see my thread] but in this heat and with a very well cultivated meno-brain  ::)  :kick:

sofasurfer

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:50:48 AM »

I used to go to a similar surgery so changed to a better one, if you're not happy or getting a good service register somewhere else. I'm glad I did.
They are all the same that's why I'm not moving surgery anymore.

The other one I used to be registered, told me my blood test result : Normal. But when I asked for a hard copy they gone cold on me.  ::) I know it's illegal so I contacted PALS and they are just as bad.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »

I found PALS useful but they are entirely in a Hospital environment, leasing between families, patients, staff etc..

Do read my thread on similar issues.  Saves me having to copy and paste.

Roseneath

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 02:12:41 PM »

I went for a smear once, several years ago, and the aged (male) GP said;' Pop on the couch and put your legs like a frog'. I'll always remember. I was mortified a the time.