Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Constant bleeding on continuous combined  (Read 976 times)

Jasmine3234

Constant bleeding on continuous combined
« on: November 08, 2018, 09:55:44 PM »

Hi
I have been on Oestrogel (x4 pumps) and desogestrel (x2 daily) for nearly 6 months now.  This was after changing from Femoston after 10 months of hell.

I do feel much better on Oestrogel etc, but after a few months of just spotting I have been bleeding for 5 weeks now.  I had a pelvic ultrasound and transvaginal scan about 8 weeks ago (for another issue) and apparently the endometrial thickness is fine.

Has anyone any idea why this bleeding is happening, along with the painful breasts (one more swollen than the other also).

I am still getting flushes and night sweats, so I can't see how it is too much oestrogen?

Any help very gratefully received xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Constant bleeding on continuous combined
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:57:55 PM »

4 pumps of Oestrogel is a very high dose so perhaps the progesterone is simply not enough. Have you considered having a Mirena which might be better?
If you still get flushes, have you had your thyroid checked lately?
I also found I got flushes on high doses of oestrogen so I'm wondering if you should simply try reducing the oestrogen a bit - this would probably stop the tender breasts as well. DG x

Jasmine3234

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »

Hi DG

Thanks for your reply.  My thyroid has been tested recently and is ok.

Mirena isn't an option for me and I am already on desogestrel 75mcg x 2 daily.  I am worried about reducing the dose of Oestrogel down because I am finding it has really helped me with mood and brain fog.  Also, if I start messing about with the dose, will my body have to re-adjust over a few months again?  Sorry, it's just that it has taken 18 months to finally find something that is really helping and not giving me horrendous side effects.

Also, I did have testosterone added in but had to stop as it was obviously too high a dose and I was actually feeling suicidal  :o

So I suppose what I am asking is if I reduce the Oestrogel down to 3 pumps, how long may it take for the bleeding and sore breasts to stop.  The other thing I can't understand is how a high dose can cause hot flushes?

Thanks DG, but I'm a little confused x  :-\ :-*

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »

Of course the Mirena is an option for you - you would simply stop the Desogestrel. I would definitely drop to 3 pumps of gel per day but it might take a couple of weeks to see if it stops the bleeding and if after 2-3 weeks you could then drop down to 2 pumps per day.
I'm not sure about the effects of very high oestrogen but I'm not convinced it's a good idea to be on a high dose long term. Hopefully your oestrogen levels will be more stable now so dropping the dose a bit shouldnt make much difference to the benefits you are getting but a lower dose might well stop the bleeding and the tender breasts. The average dose of Oestrogel is 2 pumps per day and when I used this dose I had quite a high level of oestrogen when tested. DG x