Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Severe itchy skin!  (Read 8210 times)

KAH

Re: Severe itchy skin!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 08:03:11 PM »

How hot do you have your shower? I went through an awful faze of itching all over and found out it was because I was having the water too hot in the shower! I still get itchy thighs but no-where else so it's worth a try x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »

Yep, had itchy skin for years- looking back it was probably one of my 1st symtoms.
Tried the lot antihistamine, creams potions and lotions, dah de dah, nothing really makes any difference apart from a very satisfying scratch....
Although i have to say while i was on holiday, i used aloe vera gel and that was very cooling and did stop the itching for a little while at least.
I started hrt a few months ago, so waiting to see if it will help

slightlymad

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 02:50:30 PM »

I am so sorry you are going through this.  I have had itchy skin for years after showers and swimming etc told  I have something called aquagenic piruitus basically my skin does not produce enough oil. ( This has got worse since menopause ) So believe it is related to hormones maybe worth asking next time you are at docs.

Shadyglade

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 08:46:10 AM »

Do you have any sort of rash with it?

Just to say that best not to assume it's meno related.  Some itchy skin conditions can be a sign of other illness.  I would check with your GP just to make sure.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 06:52:38 PM »

Reading this is making me itch.

::)

Some people are sensitive to Lanolin which is in some products.  As is SLS - particularly in toothpaste.

Sodium Laural Sulphate

How about baby oils? 

enchantedworld

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2018, 11:46:04 PM »

i have this and have been using a product that has now taken a way the itch ... it's called salcura zeroderm .i also have psoriasis where i get the itch so double whammy for me ...This product really helps .  8)
Pages: 1 [2]