Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet 1mg  (Read 1762 times)

50yearsyoung

Elleste duet 1mg
« on: July 23, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »

Hi, thanks for letting me join.
I'm 50 years young, have 3 daughter's and married.
My gp just prescribed Elleste duet 1mg to help with hot sweats, night sweats, insomnia and brain fog. I haven't had a period since January this year, I've had a mirena fitted for last 15 odd years but always had periods although light (reason for coil was heavy periods as sterilized after last birth) my question is, my husband and I are going on holiday for 2 weeks starting this coming weekend,( on our own, no children!) Will I start to bleed if I start taking it before I go on holiday or whilst away or should I wait until afterwards, I'm really suffering with hot sweats and it's going to be very hot weather on holiday but I don't won't to be bleeding and spoiling my trip, can anyone advice me or help with my dilemma. TIA

Dotty

Re: Elleste duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »

Have you had the Mirena in for 15 years? Or have you had it changed in this time?

50yearsyoung

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 01:50:30 PM »

I've had 3 in the 15 years, last one think 4 years ago gp said should be last.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »

If you've got a Mirena then you only need to add oestrogen. Elleste Duet has oestrogen and progesterone . However the Mirena is generally only licensed for hrt for 4 years.

50yearsyoung

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »

My gp said to leave in and she'll see and review in 3 months, think she'll have it taken out. Does that make a difference?

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 02:00:28 PM »

Good afternoon 50yearsyoung

:welcomemm:

Sorry don't know what happened above,as Dotty had said the Mirena is licensed for HRT purpose for 4 years and for contraception purposes for 5 years.

If you are happy with the Mirena I would have it replaced and you would only need to  add  in Oestrogen I don't know why your GP didn't do this because if you have it removed you will still need to use contraception as you are not yet post meno.

I personally wouldn't be happy taking Ellest Duet as the Mirena will still be releasing some progesterone and at the end of the packet you will get a withdrawal bleed each month.

If I was you I would speak to your GP again.

Hope you can understand what I mean if not just ask.

Lanzalover x

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:32:36 PM by Lanzalover »

50yearsyoung

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 03:29:27 PM »

Thank you Lansalover,  I think I will ring my go before I start the elleste duet, I've been fine on Miranda for years, btw I'm sterilized so don't need for contraception.

Lanzalover

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 05:11:30 PM »

Thanks for that.

If you have used the Mirena without problems I would seriously consider having another one fitted as it is usually the progesterone part of HRT which most ladies have problems with .

Lanzalover x

50yearsyoung

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »

Can you recommend a oestrogen only hrt that doesn't create havoc. I was grateful for your reply as I didn't know I could have another mirena fitted, I was told this should see me through when it was fitted. I haven't had a period since January/February this year and had regular ones previous, i wasn't lucky enough to have none!

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 05:36:57 PM »

Oestrogel is a good one or oestrogen patches.

Lanzalover

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 09:21:08 PM »

Gel or a patch would be your best option.

I personally use the gel and love it plus you are able to adjust the dose easily if needed.

Lanzalover x