Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Joints really painful  (Read 1777 times)

Stargazer

Joints really painful
« on: July 22, 2018, 05:44:15 PM »

Hi there,  I am 51 years old and after having experienced extremely heavy periods my Gynaecologist performed a uterine ablation.  One month after this I had the worst bleed ever which put me in hospital.  I then had a 3 month injection of Prostap put me into a menopausal state!  It is 2 weeks since the end of the 3 months and the pain in my joints is really bad. She said the menopause proper would probably follow the end of the 3 month injection.  Anyone had Prostap and gone into menopause what were your symptoms like please?

paisley

Re: Joints really painful
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »

Hi Stargazer
I too had those injections before I had a total hysterectomy & I too had aching joints plus a whole host of other horrible  symptoms. But if you can imagine what those injections are doing to your own hormones then you will understand why they will affect you

Stargazer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:07:54 PM »

Hi Paisley,  Thank you for your reply.  I only had one 3 month injection which completed 3 weeks ago.  Do you remember how long it took for the aching to subside?  I am trying to keep moving and drink a lot of water at the moment to ease it.  They are pretty potent drugs.  I have refused the second injection which my consultant is fine with.

Annika

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 12:43:40 AM »

Honestly Stargazer I have never heard of any injection like you describe perhaps its not offered over here in the US. I too had the same problems around the same age as you and eventually I asked the doctor for a hysterectomy after I had a non stop bleed for seven months.I wish I had known now that some of us have periods that cause heavy bleeding instead of gradually disappearing it was a rough time being unprepared. Anyway I hope you can get sorted with the pain, hang in there it has to get better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 08:57:48 AM »

As oestrogen levels drop so the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also, rheumatoid arthritis can be triggered by hormonal upheaval, my friend was wheel-chair bound by the end of her only pregnancy and didn't walk properly for nearly 2 years.  So hormones can be more problematic for some than the medics might reaslise!