Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What is this? #frustrated  (Read 1049 times)

PeanutbutterCup

What is this? #frustrated
« on: July 18, 2018, 09:39:52 AM »

Hello everyone,

I posted recently as a newbie and got some really good advice so I'm hoping for some more  :).

Starting November last year I've had a really annoying pressure like feeling of needing to wee 24/7. When it first started it lasted for 18 weeks, the first 11 weeks were the worst. Tested for UTI time after time after time - had a cystoscopy (all normal) - had a private MRI (all normal).
Symptoms eventually went away and all was wonderful for 8 or 9 weeks then the feeling returned although not as bad.

Very long story short and after reading great advice on this forum I approached my GP to request Ovestin cream. Having gone from a cycle I could set my watch by to going to a really irregular cycle over the past 2 years I truly believe I am perimenopausal. I've just gone for 86 days without a period but it returned last week. My GP has no clue and doesn't believe I am peremenopausal but nonetheless reluctantly prescribed the Ovestin.

I used the Ovestin every night for 2 weeks and have now moved to twice weekly. I am not noticing any change.

I just have a constant pressure like feeling down below like I need to go to the loo but I know my bladder is empty! It's always worse once I've had a wee. Oh and there is no pain or burn when weeing, I wee about 7 - 8 times as day and don't need to get up during the night. It's so hard to describe the feeling - it's like a tickly like pressure and is so annoying as it's there all the time. It eases when sitting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you so much.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What is this? #frustrated
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »

Drink more.  The kidneys work harder which means we pee more if we deprive the body of liquids. 

Could you have a cystocele I think it's caused, or could the uterus be pressing on the bladder?  Your comment on eases when sitting might indicate pressure from within?  Do you have a Practice Nurse who would do an internal exam.?

PeanutbutterCup

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 12:37:50 PM »

Thanks for replying - appreciate it.

When I had the MRI, in addition to the urinary tract they checked out my reproductive system - ovaries, uterus etc. and all was found to be normal.

Can low estrogen levels manifest as urinary issues do you think? Someone else recommended Vagifem but I really don't know. Perhaps I should keep at the Ovestin for a while longer?

It's all so frustrating :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »

Oh yes a drop in oestrogen certainly messes with the body including gut, bowels and urinary tract  >:(

Maybe use the Ovestin on alternate nights ?  Sometimes I need 3 extra applications to keep the area moist and plump, rarely I require a morning load as well as the evening one.  It was Trial and Error but now I kind of know what I'm doing  ::)