Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dry vagina and cannot take hormones  (Read 3183 times)

Yellow

Dry vagina and cannot take hormones
« on: July 13, 2018, 02:39:23 AM »

I had to stop HRT due to bleeding and biopsy said hormones were causing uterine lining to thicken.  Now what can I use for dry vagina? Replens does not work. I am currently using coconut oil 3-5 times a day. Please give help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dry vagina and cannot take hormones
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:29:32 AM »

Did your GP or Gynae suggest that you stop HRT?  There are several types on the market so good advice is essential.

Have a look at the threads here on vaginal atrophy: 'My Bladder etc..' ......... using appropriate replacement oestrogen in the vagina really does help and is a different type of HRT.  Make notes ;-).  For me VA was like razor blades up there  :o with irritable bladder which made me need to pee, often  :-\.  Treatment stopped those feelings.

Yellow

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:44:36 AM »

I can't use any form of hormones. Creams, etc. I bleed and or uterine lining thickens. It concerns me in other ways because, I am so easy to have UTIs. Last year within 5 months I had 7 plus kidney infection. Then c. diff. They increased my dosaged on hormones to try to stop bleeding. No go. Now I am looking for alternatives to help. Thank you very much for replying.

Conolly

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 11:29:24 AM »

Hello Yellow (lovely username 😊),

Sorry to hear that... try Yes products. You can ask for samples and see what suits you best
https://www.yesyesyes.org/

Conolly X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 12:36:52 PM »

R U in the UK?  If so maybe see if there is a menopause clinic where you can get advice? 

'Yes' products are recommended alone or with localised HRT.