Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT and endometrial cancer  (Read 5222 times)

sweettooth

Re: HRT and endometrial cancer
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 06:33:23 PM »

Yes you do have a lot to think about Oolong, it is a very difficult position to be in, there are no easy answers, perhaps it will be a case of other meds to help? bless you x

Oolong65

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »

Well I am back on oestrogen and having a strange time as a result of it.  I started on 2 pumps and after 36 hours my regular hourly flushes turned in every 15/20 mins. I hit the jackpot with 24 flushes between 09.00 and 11.00 pm.  I spoke with my GP on phone who was most surprised but we agreed I'd stop and see what happened. They returned back to their hourly (ish) flushes so I knew it was a response to the oestrogen.  I then started again with just one pump and after a week of hourly flushes I decided to up it to 2 pumps. The dosage for each 1.25g of gel is 0.75mg of oestradiol. Today I'm back to flushes every 30 mins.  I do not understand what is going on and to be honest I don't think my GP does either.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it something to do with the gel?  Should I try patches?  I had been on the combined Evorel Conti patches very happily until forced off it due to the endometrial cancer.

Your thoughts and wisdom is most appreciated

Oolong65

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 06:59:19 PM »

Its only 8 days. Happy to wait but just don't get this increasing of hot flushes caused by oestrogen gel. When I started HRT patches in 2007 it took 3 weeks to work, but no increase in sweats, just a lovely decrease in hot flushes.

GP thinks I may be reacting to the triethanolamine in the gel, so suggested I go back to patches, starting tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2]