Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vomiting and horrible dihorrea anyone ???  (Read 834 times)

Lunalowe

Vomiting and horrible dihorrea anyone ???
« on: July 12, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »

I am scratching my head to understand what is going on with my body...
I have been peri menopausal for about 5 years , last two years with very irregular periods. I had no period from April last year to December and then started estriol cream to help with UTIs I was getting. I used it for a few months and then started getting regular monthly periods again from January.

The only difference was  these were accompanied by intense pain, horrible vomiting and then dihorrea as well. Bizarre dihorea - like a waterfall.

The last few months I haven't had a period but have still had the pain and vomiting and dihorrea. It feels hormonal as accompanied with pain, and cramping and hormonal tiredness and light headed ness.

I also have adenomyosis but have been told by my gynae that this doesn't lead to waterfall dihorrea or often to such bad vomiting. ( it is awful and goes on and on.....)   

Am seeing gynae again tomorrow after an internal scan and am worried they will suggest mirena coil for adenomyosis. I am concerned about this as I have had bad reactions to progesterone pill in the past and don't like the idea of something inside me that I cannot get out...

I also wonder if the vomiting and dihorrea may not be related to the adenomyosis at all - but rather a response to changing hormones as I'm progressing through menopause.

I was hoping it would all go away if I stopped having periods but no such luck..

I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced anything similar, and has any suggestions about what could be helpful as this has got pretty disgusting and means I am having to take a fair amount of time off work as I have been running out of the room to be sick and then stuck on the loo for hours ....

Thank you ladies !!!

Liza xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vomiting and horrible dihorrea anyone ???
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:06:16 PM »

Awful.   A friend would suddenly get very sick without much warning.  Anywhere and everywhere  :-X

Have you spoken to your GP or Pharmacist?

Conolly

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »

Hello Lunalowe,

I've read that adenomyosis can cause these symptoms https://iliveok.com/health/adenomyosis-uterus_109338i15953.html
They are also common during anxiety or migraine attacks (no headache is necessary).
Hope you find answers soon and don't forget to stay hydrated!

Conolly X

Lunalowe

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »

Thanks all, it's definitely hormonal not a ‘bug' as it all comes with either a period or period pain .... thanks for the link conolly - definitely trying to stay hydrated as well ... x