Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Heatwave  (Read 2232 times)

Sgtvhilts

Heatwave
« on: July 09, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »

Okay, probably a very silly query.
My sweats and flushes really have calmed dowm on HRT, non existent i would say UNTIL the weather hotted up, now i'm having them again grrrr.
As we all know the flushes heat comes from ‘within'and then external hotness come from the environment.
So how can the external hotness start the internal ones off again......?
Or do i need to up my HRT- i am not having any other symptoms returning

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heatwave
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »

Nowt is silly on here and I'm sure that someone who takes HRT will be along.  How are you keeping cool generally?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »

What HRT are you using?

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 04:21:28 PM »

Hi
Femoston 1mg and it is great , but just wondering if heatwave or need to up,dose no other symptoms are back though

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »

Hi sgtvhilts
I'm on femoston conti 1mg too, and I know what you mean.
All of a sudden from nowhere I just go extremely hot . Very much like a flush.
I personally think it's the weather, because I wasn't having this before,
and it has been excruciatingly hot, I've only just upped my dose, for the
last few weeks.
So, for me it's the weather.......

Jd x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »

Yes, thanks. I suspected the weather too. But it is sooooo like a flush......
I have ‘invented my own air con! Fan on bed side table, then wrung out tea towels on different part of the bod(most attractive). So the fan then blows the air over cold. All 4 of them were dry this am- that's how hot it must have been.  Makes a change from the bed being soaked!

knorman

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »

I don't know what's coming from inside or outside anymore! My mum and best friend gave me this tip, which I've adapted for use. Fill a hot water bottle and put it in the freezer.  Take it to bed with you and place it behind your neck as you lay on your back. Bliss. Annoying I am unable to actually sleep on my back.  Your pillow will also be nice and cool by now.  Move it around body where required (I hugged mine)....lovely. x

Shadyglade

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 07:14:12 AM »

Although I don't really get flushes anymore I think my body thermerstat has perminatly changed. Pre peri and actual meno I was a cold mortal. Now I am the opposite. Its me that wants the aircon on low in the car, and windows open at home. During the heatwave I have practically become immobile.

Will have to move to Iceland.  ;D

knorman

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 07:59:55 AM »

Your user name sounds as if it is somewhere I would like to be! I'm pleased to hear to is not just be who has become immobile, I've been beating myself up because I feel I am not making the best of the lovely weather and OH keeps saying there will be a lot of people feeling like I do. Still annoying though.  Thank goodness it is cooler today!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 10:17:39 AM »

Hot weather burns off my energy and I feel really sick.  I have to eat little and often anyway but hot weather can floor me  :'(.  So it stands to reason from where I'm sitting that hormones can be affected too. Maybe keep a diary?

dulciana

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »

I don't know what's coming from inside or outside anymore! My mum and best friend gave me this tip, which I've adapted for use. Fill a hot water bottle and put it in the freezer.  Take it to bed with you and place it behind your neck as you lay on your back. Bliss. Annoying I am unable to actually sleep on my back.  Your pillow will also be nice and cool by now.  Move it around body where required (I hugged mine)....lovely. x
i.e. a COLD water bottle!   :)

MummyClanger

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 08:06:26 AM »

Hi ladies I'm new here. I've had same problem wondering if flushes are coming back. I've been on Evorelle for a year or so gradually increased dose now on 50mcg. I already had a Mirena coil in place. I'm 51. I'd even been thinking of increasing dose due to these sweats at night.